• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

biarritz to san sebastian

tommy wallace

Time of past OR future Camino
first
hello to all!!

I'll be doing the camino del norte with a friend in aug. we are flying into Biarritz from Ireland, as it is the cheapest flight going.

Just wondering is there a train/bus from Biarritz airport to San Sebastian?
I saw an advert for Biarritz airport taxi transfers. Has anyone had any experiences with them?

Many Thanks,
Tommy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
hello to all!!

I'll be doing the camino del norte with a friend in aug. we are flying into Biarritz from Ireland, as it is the cheapest flight going.

I saw an advert for Biarritz airport taxi transfers. Has anyone had any experiences with them?

Many Thanks,
Tommy
Why not walk ? Saw many pilgrims walking alongside the beautiful coastline when we were on holiday there in Saint Jean de Luz last month.
It is a distance of about 50 kms from Biarritz to San Sebastian.

Not the latest information but maybe you it gives a clue

24 March 2006, 3:03
It is certainly possible, and should be quite easy. There are, I think, about a half dozen trains a day between the two cities, and the journey time averages around 90 minutes. I did try to find a timetable for you on the SNCF (French railway) site www.voyages-sncf.com but, as is not uncommon with cross-border trains, the SNCF site was somewhat unhelpful. (Make that totally #^&#*(# useless!)

If you google the Spanish rail site (something like renfe.es I think) you might get more joy from them. If not, the German rail site will almost certainly give you timetables (believe it or not) but you won't be able to book tickets through them. www.bahn.de

Another option and more recent

1. Re: Biarritz Airport>San Sebastian - June
24 May 2012, 20:11
On the right hand side of the page theres a link titled "Biarritz Airport by Public Transport". I think this should answer your questions.

If your only option is train to Hendaye (Hendaia in Basque) then you can take the Euskotren to San Sebastian. The Euskotren costs 1.70€ and takes a little more than 30 minutes. The Euskotren station is a few feet from the Hendaye SNCF station.

PESA provides bus service from Biarritz airport to Donostia/San Sebastian bus station.

Transports64 Transdev ATCRB provides bus service from Biarritz Airport to Hendaye hourly. Euskotren provides commuter rail service from Hendaia station (co-located with Gare Hendaye) to San Sebastian Amara station every half hour.

Chronoplus urban bus C provides service from Biarritz Airport to Gare Biarritz. SNCF provides TER trains to Gare Hendaye and TGV trains to Irun. Euskotren from Hendaia or Renfe Cercanius from Irun to San Sebastian Amara or San Sebastian Renfe Station (depending on service taken).

Biarritz Airport
http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/

PESA
http://www.pesa.net/pesa/public_home/ctrl_home.php

Transports64
http://www.transports64.fr/transports-64?lang=fr

Euskotren
http://www.euskotren.es/

Chronoplus
http://www.sncf.com/

SNCF
http://www.sncf.com/

Renfe Cercanius
http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/index.html

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
hello to all!!

Many Thanks,
Tommy
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405535261.683012.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405535286.408837.jpg

Some pictures from the coast nearby Hendaye

Why not walk ? Saw many pilgrims walking alongside the beautiful coastline when we were on holiday there in Saint Jean de Luz last month.
It is a distance of about 50 kms from Biarritz to San Sebastian.

Not the latest information but maybe you it gives a clue

24 March 2006, 3:03
It is certainly possible, and should be quite easy. There are, I think, about a half dozen trains a day between the two cities, and the journey time averages around 90 minutes. I did try to find a timetable for you on the SNCF (French railway) site www.voyages-sncf.com but, as is not uncommon with cross-border trains, the SNCF site was somewhat unhelpful. (Make that totally #^&#*(# useless!)

If you google the Spanish rail site (something like renfe.es I think) you might get more joy from them. If not, the German rail site will almost certainly give you timetables (believe it or not) but you won't be able to book tickets through them. www.bahn.de

Another option and more recent

1. Re: Biarritz Airport>San Sebastian - June
24 May 2012, 20:11
On the right hand side of the page theres a link titled "Biarritz Airport by Public Transport". I think this should answer your questions.

If your only option is train to Hendaye (Hendaia in Basque) then you can take the Euskotren to San Sebastian. The Euskotren costs 1.70€ and takes a little more than 30 minutes. The Euskotren station is a few feet from the Hendaye SNCF station.
That's of great help. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Thanks again,
Tommy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That's great. Thanks very much. Walking might just be the answer.
Thanks again,
Tommy
I'm flying to Biarritz 10th Sept and was thinking of walking. Let me know how it goes and if you find any accommodation you would recommend.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back