• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to SJPP

mark stevens

Time of past OR future Camino
back on the Frances in May 2022
Hi folks,

Just a quickie. we're landing in Biarritz and wondered if Taxi's will go from there to SJPP, how long it takes and approx cost ? any help much appreciated. The camino is calling....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You can easily take the bus from the airport to Bayonne trainstation (a 5 minutes ride) and from Bayonne take the train. Takes one hour, costs 10,50.
For a taxi you can ask Express Bourricot in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to pick you up, costs will be approx. 50,00.

Expressbourricot's fee is sliding depending on the number of passengers. It could go as low as 18 euro I believe.

Yes, if there are more people using he same taxi the costs will be divided.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi folks,

Just a quickie. we're landing in Biarritz and wondered if Taxi's will go from there to SJPP, how long it takes and approx cost ? any help much appreciated. The camino is calling....
I contacted Express Bourricot in January as I’m walking my Camino in May and at that time the minibus from Biarritz airport to SJPdP costs €96, however the more people, the lower the price (minimum €19). When I completed their online booking form one of the questions was “would you only like to book/pay when it’s a it’s minimum of €19”
once the form was submitted, I had a confirmation email saying:

We try to make groups to reduce the cost but we don't have more people to share the cost for now, so it would cost : 96€
I have noted that you only accept a 19€ trip, we will keep you informed if this is the case”

If the price doesn’t reach €19 by the time I leave, they will contact me and I have the option to cancel and take the bus to Bayonne and catch the train to SJPdP
I hope this makes sense Mark and I hope it helps.
This is the link to their website
Buen Camino
Wendy

Last edited:
T
I contacted Express Bourricot in January as I’m walking my Camino in May and at that time the minibus from Biarritz airport to SJPdP costs €96, however the more people, the lower the price (minimum €19). When I completed their online booking form one of the questions was “would you only like to book/pay when it’s a it’s minimum of €19”

We try to make groups to reduce the cost but we don't have more people to share the cost for now, so it would cost : 96€
I have noted that you only accept a 19€ trip, we will keep you informed if this is the case”

If the price doesn’t reach €19 by the time I leave, they will contact me and I have the option to cancel and take the bus to Bayonne and catch the train to SJPdP
Buen Camino
Wendy
I had the same email from them as I made enquires too as I am flying out there in 3 weeks time ..otherwise the cheapest was with booking.com at £108.00 being that I arrive at 9.55am I plan to take public transport arriving at 15.55 rather pay for the taxi unless express bouricot gets back in touch with me .

T

I had the same email from them as I made enquires too as I am flying out there in 3 weeks time ..otherwise the cheapest was with booking.com at £108.00 being that I arrive at 9.55am I plan to take public transport arriving at 15.55 rather pay for the taxi unless express bouricot gets back in touch with me .
Anyway I have booked them to take my backback on the first day to Espinal as I been told that the mountain pass was not going to be open 😆

Hi folks,

I cannot give you any information on a taxi from the airport to St. Jean. However, it is quick taxi/ bus ride to the rail station and catch the train.
Hope all goes well on your Pilgrimage.

Buen Camino
Wendy
I booked Express Bouricott in May I am sharing with two others for €36 but I made it clear that I didn't mind if I shared or not.

You can easily take the bus from the airport to Bayonne trainstation (a 5 minutes ride) and from Bayonne take the train. Takes one hour, costs 10,50.
For a taxi you can ask Express Bourricot in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to pick you up, costs will be approx. 50,00.
No trains at the moment. It’s bus only. I read somewhere it’s due to landslides on the rail line. Connections for flights are not so good as it seems it’s a bus to Bayonne and then 2 buses. The flight I’m on arrives at 9.30am but by this method I will not get to SJPdP until about 4pm

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Anyway I have booked them to take my backback on the first day to Espinal as I been told that the mountain pass was not going to be open 😆
Why Espinal? That's quite a long trek of 31.36km for your first day.
The closure of the Napoleon route doesn't mean that you can't stay in Roncesvalles or Burguete.

Hi folks,

As recall it ran about 100 euros but carried 4 pilgrims which was better than the train . When you are at the train station it’s easy to spot pilgrims because of their packs , just say , going to St Jean? I have done this twice . And twice took the train . It runs about 2-3 times a day . Taxi or train takes about 50 minutes or so-

Buen Camino
Wendy
Thanks Wendy, I'll call them. cheers :)

No trains at the moment. It’s bus only. I read somewhere it’s due to landslides on the rail line. Connections for flights are not so good as it seems it’s a bus to Bayonne and then 2 buses. The flight I’m on arrives at 9.30am but by this method I will not get to SJPdP until about 4pm
Below is the current timetable for the line Bayonne train station to SJPP train station on weekdays. I checked for several days in March and in April and in May 2022. On some dates the line is served by a replacement bus, on other dates by a combination of replacement bus and train. On some dates it is train followed by replacement bus and on other dates it is replacement bus followed by train and on yet other dates it is replacement bus all the way. There is an additional service on Fridays, leaving at 20:14 and arriving at 21:28; and an earlier train leaving at 6:41. Everyone needs to check for their own date of travel.

SJPP.jpg

Last edited:
Why Espinal? That's quite a long trek of 31.36km for your first day.
The closure of the Napoleon route doesn't mean that you can't stay in Roncesvalles or Burguete.
True but as I am normally a ldw (long distance walker) I wanted to have day 2 to Urdaniz and day 3 to Pamplona as half days also I have arranged for my backpack to be taken ahead of me so my daypack will just have my waterproofs , water bottle and snacks in ..oh I have also split my day into three sections , first to Valcarlos for my comfort break then a light lunch break in Roncesvalles then onto Espinal..maybe it does not make sense to many pilgrims but life be boring if we were all the same

Buen Camino
Wendy
Hi Wendy! I fly into Biarritz on 22 May at 10:40am and would like to share the Express Bouricott. What day are you reserving?
Buen Camino
Julielynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Wendy! I fly into Biarritz on 22 May at 10:40am and would like to share the Express Bouricott. What day are you reserving?
Buen Camino
Julielynne
Hi Julielynne, oh that’s ashame, I’m arriving in Biarritz on the 14th May, so a tad earlier than you, but I’m sure if you contact EB they will put you on the list and let you know a few days before how many are sharing the transport. Failing that I will get the bus and train across to SJPdP. Hope to see you along the Way. Buen Camino.
Wendy

Hi Julielynne, oh that’s ashame, I’m arriving in Biarritz on the 14th May, so a tad earlier than you, but I’m sure if you contact EB they will put you on the list and let you know a few days before how many are sharing the transport. Failing that I will get the bus and train across to SJPdP. Hope to see you along the Way. Buen Camino.
Wendy
Thank you for your reply, Wendy. I hope to see you along the way as well!! Buen Camino! Julielynne

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We arrive on Friday this week the 20th and 12.40pm. I guess we can get a taxi to SJPP
You can catch an shuttle from terminal to Bayonne train station, the shuttle goes on a loop so be sure it goes straight to the train station . From there a train goes to SJPP or request a taxi at visitor center that can carry 4 pilgrims . Price similar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back