Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Biarritz to SJPP

Time of past OR future Camino
Future - Camino de Santiago
Hi, we’re (2 of us) flying into Biarritz on the morning (due in at 9.25am) of 6th August. Does anyone have advice on getting to St Jean Pied de Port or anyone else who would like to share transport please? TIA Sarah xx

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
The Way: Through a Field of Stars (audiobook)
A great book to listen to while training for the Camino or to relive the experience!

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Too many and too often!
The cheapest way would be to take a local bus from the airport to Bayonne rail station then either a train or a replacement bus from there. No need to book in advance. An SNCF bus leaves Bayonne station for SJPDP at 11:24 that day. Biarritz airport is very small and you should pass through it quickly.

Future - Camino de Santiago
The cheapest way would be to take a local bus from the airport to Bayonne rail station then either a train or a replacement bus from there. No need to book in advance. An SNCF bus leaves Bayonne station for SJPDP at 11:24 that day. Biarritz airport is very small and you should pass through it quickly.
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful. I did think it looked as though we should go by bus to Bayonne and then train, but it’s good to have it confirmed! Sarah xx

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Last edited:

Bobolink

Time well spent pays dividends.
Walking the French Way Sept.-Oct. (2017)
That is exactly what I did. But first I went to the information desk at the airport and they directed me to where and when the bus left for Bayonne. Loved the train ride to St Jean Pied de Port. It was filled with Pilgrims heading to start their walk on the Camino de Santiago. A great start to my Pilgrimage to Santiago. Buen Camino.

Cleigh

CF 2019
CF 2021, Portuguese 2021, Le Puy 2022
Hi, we’re (2 of us) flying into Biarritz on the morning (due in at 9.25am) of 6th August. Does anyone have advice on getting to St Jean Pied de Port or anyone else who would like to share transport please? TIA Sarah xx
Try emailing express bouricott and they will pick you up at your arrival time and take you to SJPdP. The more people they pick up the less you pay. It worked perfectly!

Future Camino Frances (2022)
Hi, used Express Bouricott in early May 2022. Easy service, waited for us as our flight was delayed. If they have several passengers landing at about the same time the price drops quite a bit.

Last edited:
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

NM99

Francés - StJPP-Santiago May-June 2022
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful. I did think it looked as though we should go by bus to Bayonne and then train, but it’s good to have it confirmed! Sarah xx
I walked the Camino in May-June and did the same. Bus from Biarritz airport to Bayonne. Then train to SJPP. At the time (early May), there was an issue with the railway track and the train only went so far, but all passengers were then directed to an awaiting bus and we did the last leg by bus. Not sure if the train issue has since been resolved.
Buen Camino!

Eddiebee

Eddiebee
Frances SJPDP to SDC May & June 2017
Express Bouricott is the way to go. They meet you at the airport and provide a shared taxi. takes about an hour and there is no hassle.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Most read last week in this forum

Does anybody know the phone number for the Pilgrim shop in Tricastella in Spain? I was charged twice for the same item. I bought a pair of shoes which cost 29.99. I was asked to tap my card twice...
Friends, My family of four has made it to Palas de Rei today and coming into town my wife slipped and sprained her ankle. She’s unable to finish. We’re considering sending our 17 and 16 year old...
At the entrance to El Burgo Ranero there is a lovely monumental cross, It bears this inscription: "A la memoria de los ninos." Anybody know the story behind that inscription?

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon