• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to SJPP

Time of past OR future Camino
Future - Camino de Santiago
Hi, we’re (2 of us) flying into Biarritz on the morning (due in at 9.25am) of 6th August. Does anyone have advice on getting to St Jean Pied de Port or anyone else who would like to share transport please? TIA Sarah xx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The cheapest way would be to take a local bus from the airport to Bayonne rail station then either a train or a replacement bus from there. No need to book in advance. An SNCF bus leaves Bayonne station for SJPDP at 11:24 that day. Biarritz airport is very small and you should pass through it quickly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The cheapest way would be to take a local bus from the airport to Bayonne rail station then either a train or a replacement bus from there. No need to book in advance. An SNCF bus leaves Bayonne station for SJPDP at 11:24 that day. Biarritz airport is very small and you should pass through it quickly.
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful. I did think it looked as though we should go by bus to Bayonne and then train, but it’s good to have it confirmed! Sarah xx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Last edited:
That is exactly what I did. But first I went to the information desk at the airport and they directed me to where and when the bus left for Bayonne. Loved the train ride to St Jean Pied de Port. It was filled with Pilgrims heading to start their walk on the Camino de Santiago. A great start to my Pilgrimage to Santiago. Buen Camino.

Hi, we’re (2 of us) flying into Biarritz on the morning (due in at 9.25am) of 6th August. Does anyone have advice on getting to St Jean Pied de Port or anyone else who would like to share transport please? TIA Sarah xx
Try emailing express bouricott and they will pick you up at your arrival time and take you to SJPdP. The more people they pick up the less you pay. It worked perfectly!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, used Express Bouricott in early May 2022. Easy service, waited for us as our flight was delayed. If they have several passengers landing at about the same time the price drops quite a bit.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful. I did think it looked as though we should go by bus to Bayonne and then train, but it’s good to have it confirmed! Sarah xx
I walked the Camino in May-June and did the same. Bus from Biarritz airport to Bayonne. Then train to SJPP. At the time (early May), there was an issue with the railway track and the train only went so far, but all passengers were then directed to an awaiting bus and we did the last leg by bus. Not sure if the train issue has since been resolved.
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Express Bouricott is the way to go. They meet you at the airport and provide a shared taxi. takes about an hour and there is no hassle.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.