• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi Folks,
I am traveling to Biarritz on Sept 4th arriving 1615.
Does anyone know of a way of getting from Biarritz to SJPP arriving at a suitable time to get accommodation in the alburgue.
I am short on time so want to start walking from Sept 5th. Any help gratefully appreciated.
Peter

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Train from Bayonne

Thanks Pablo.

Do you have any specifics on the bus timetables and train timetables or where I can get hold of same?

Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Biarritz to St Jean

You can take the #6 bus from Biarritz airport to the Bayonne train station. It leaves about every 30 minutes and takes about 45 minutes.
The last train leaves Bayonne at 18:13 and gets in St Jean at 19:35.

You can search this website:

http://www.ter-sncf.com/english/index.asp?regID=11

A quick look showed this time:

From Bayonne To St-Jean-Pied-De-Port
Date of Departure : 04/09/2007
Bayonne departure: 18h13
St-Jean-Pied-De-Port arrival : 19h35
Duration of your travel : 01h23

Peter

A Google search with Biarritz and Airport and then choose Access from the site menu to get to STAB, the bus operator - though the web-site has only summer timetables until Sept 3rd

If the bus is too slow, you can always get a taxi and make the last train - when you get to SJPP the pilgrim office will be open and eager to help you find a bed

If flight delayed badly, hotel in Bayonne, get first train the next morning and start walking then (though might have to wait until pilgrim office opens if you haven't got your passport)

[edited by Minkey]

Good post

Hi Spursfan,
This is a really constructive post - helpful and informative and one that everyone can benefit from.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you

Hey folks,
A big thankyou to you all.
Spursfan , I PM'd you before knowing you had replied.

As sillydoll says your post is extremely beneficial.

Will be in touch with you all agin no doubt for further q and a's.

Peter

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back