• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritzdon will retire

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
Not from the Forum (Oh no, Thank God!) but I can no longer walk more than city block due to the intense nerve pain in my feet. A friend of mine from Biarritz posted this picture of my doppelganger today. I have to admit it is pretty much spot on.image0.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not from the Forum (Oh no, Thank God!) but I can no longer walk more than city block due to the intense nerve pain in my feet. A friend of mine from Biarritz posted this picture of my doppelganger today. I have to admit it is pretty much spot on.View attachment 122134
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that! Let’s hope it is only temporary, it could get better?
Never say never 😉
Great pic btw 😎

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Try an E bike! They are great for those active individuals with limiting mobility issues. Never give up Don. There is always an alternate avenue to achieve a goal.

Try an E bike! They are great for those active individuals with limiting mobility issues. Never give up Don. There is always an alternate avenue to achieve a goal.
I tried a push bike Camino from Pamplona after walking from SJPdP and only got as far as Najera. Thanks for you thought!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Please let's stop the love fest. While I am not able to walk anymore, I will continue my snarky post until I can no longer understand the next generation of "clueless" pilgrims.
BTW, where is the airport in Saint Jean Pied de Port?
You know one day there will be one for the privileged pilgims, huh!

Last edited:
Please let's stop the love fest. While I am not able to walk anymore, I will continue my snarky post until I can no longer understand the next generation of "clueless" pilgrims.
BTW, where is the airport in Saint Jean Pied de Port?
You know one day there will be one for the privileged pilgims, huh!
Snarky posts? Never! 😂🤣😂😉

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm thinking of going full Touregrino once I'm happy Covid is over - air conditioned car and an electric cooler box all the way from SJPP to SdC and "roughing it" in Paradors along the Way.

You can ride shotgun if you like, dispense the cold drinks and wave to the Pilgrims as we pass . . .

On a more sincere note, hoping it gets better for you, our autumnal years were not meant to be spent like this!

Buen Camino!

I'm thinking of going full Touregrino once I'm happy Covid is over - air conditioned car and an electric cooler box all the way from SJPP to SdC and "roughing it" in Paradors along the Way.

You can ride shotgun if you like, dispense the cold drinks and wave to the Pilgrims as we pass . . .

On a more sincere note, hoping it gets better for you, our autumnal years were not meant to be spent like this!

D'accord, give me some dates Jeff I iwill be there late in August and early September of 2022 and anytime in 2023.
D'accord, give me some dates Jeff I iwill be there late in August and early September of 2022 and anytime in 2023.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I replied to your post but I doubt you got the message.
I have a touristy trip in August and September, there are lots of of holes in my itinerary, but 2023 is a blank slate.

Hola Don, even if we will no longer see you happy countenance on the various Caminos,I know that you will continue to make a very worthwhile contribution to the Forum All the best.

Not from the Forum (Oh no, Thank God!) but I can no longer walk more than city block due to the intense nerve pain in my feet. A friend of mine from Biarritz posted this picture of my doppelganger today. I have to admit it is pretty much spot on.View attachment 122134
I'm sorry to hear this Don- I appreciate all you do in the Forum, and will continue to do. Your wisdom is valued. I hope your feet heal so that the pain is reduced.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi! Don,
Sad news. Hope you feel better soon. Too young to retire.
I'll be thinking of you on the trails early May, somewhere between Burgos and Covarubias and Vitoria and Burgos.
Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back