• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bici map

jaws101

Have just purchased a new guide to biking the Via de la Plata (1st published in Feb. this year).

It is in Spanish but the maps look very clear. It also has information on accommodation, bike shops etc. which is easy to follow. It may be of use for walking the VdlP also.

I will be using it in May/June and will report on its accuracy.

The info. is below:

bici: Map Lo Esencial. La via de la Plata. Caminos Mozarabe y Sanabres en bicicleta.

bicimap@gmail.com

http://www.guiasenbici.com

I sent the payment by Paypal last Thursday and received the book yesterday with a nice handwritten note inside from the author.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am the co-author :oops: . Thank you for this entrance and please tell me if you have any suggestions.

As I said in my post we hope to do the VdlP in May/June, unfortunately my husband has just broken a rib (running not biking) and we hope it will have repaired sufficiently by the end of May.

If we get away then I will definitely let you know what we think about the guide and any comments/suggestions we have.

Thanks for your prompt response.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You mentioned that the guide may work for walking as well.
The actual routes are often different. Do you think there is proper information for walkers?

The March 2013 publishing date would sure make it one of the only current guides on the VdlP.

Was it shipped to the U.S.? Where was it ordered?

As I haven´t used it yet I cannot comment on the accuracy, but the guide is mainly maps showing the route for bikes, with alternatives. It also shows the "official" route which is not recommended for bikes which I presume is the walking route.

The guide gives information on accommodation and places to eat all along the route not just at the end of the biking sections.

Maybe Bernard will get back on the forum and answer your question or send him an e-mail. I am sure he will be only too happy to answer you quickly.

I am sorry to come back so late on the forum, I have seen your reponds today.

Thank you Jaws101 to answer for my and your right: we effectively show the official route for walkers and cyclists experienced. The interest of the guides is that we focuse on essential information. Weighs less of 200g. You can download an extract in http://www.guiasenbici.com/guia_plata_mozarabe_sanabres.php where it says "descargar un extract".

¿Do you nead more details or information?

It can be sent to the U.S. with a supplement of 4.34 euros (5.6 $), and you can pay with prepaid via Paypal. In total would be 15+4,34=19,34 euros (25 $). It would take about 15 days according to the spanish Post Office. Please send a message to http://www.guiasenbici.com/contact.php

Bernard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just an update on the bici map. We have just returned from the VDlP. We found the map to be excellent. It was easy to follow the route and the few mistakes we made were our own fault for not being careful enough to spot arrows at junctions. With the map it was easy to remedy our mistakes.

A few of the walkers we spoke to asked to see the map as they were struggling with out-of-date guides, especially around areas where the rail-line work had made changes to the route.

We would recommend this for anyone doing the VDlP, either riding or walking. The only thing missing from other guides is the historical information etc. but this is a map not a guide and used in conjunction with other information it would be ideal.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back