• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bicycling to the coast

DebR

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2013, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 23
Has anyone had experience of walking to Santiago and then hiring a bicycle for the Finisterre / Muxia loop at the end? I've walked the Frances three times (but never walked on to the coast, though I took the bus last year) and it just struck me that this might be a nice way to end my next journey.
It feels like there must be places in Santiago to hire from, but it never occurred to me to look.
Anyone?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
IMG_20151022_160125.jpg This is my third Camino to begin Sept. 26, 2016, only this time I will ride to the coast on a bike after I reach Santiago. When I get to the end, I might ride back to Santiago and donate the bike to American Pilgrim house or to a church where a monk may need some simple transportation. Anyway on my last trip to Camino, I met a younger couple who bought a bike from Carrefour superstore in Leon for 100 euros and rode to Santiago and donated the bike to the local charity. I am doing the same, buying a bike in Leon and donating the bike to charity after its use. If you have time, bike around and have fun. It's good exercise and you get to more places. Buen Camino Tommy x

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back