• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Biggest day ever on the forum...

Advertisment

jirit

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Wow! Great news!

Maybe that rumbling that Iceland is experiencing is just the rush of pilgrims making their way to Santiago

Magwood

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (15 April 2013)
Camino Portuguese (1 May 2014)
Camino Mozárabe from Málaga (8 April 2015)
Camino del Norte & Camino Ingles (April 2016)
Amazing numbers Ivar. And coincidentally on the same day that my blog clocked up 100,000 views - thanks in no small part to all the lovely pilgrims on this forum who have clicked on the link below. Thank you Ivar for such a great facility and to all who have helped put a smile on my face today. Definitely time for a glass of cava to celebrate ........... cheers!

Advertisment

petitewalker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 fall), Camino Portuguese (fall 2017)
Good news Ivar,
This forum is amazing. It has givin me the knowledge to make my upcoming Sept. Camino so much less stressfull, not to mention getting introduced to a great group of past, present and future Pilgrims.

Olivares

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
Ivar- I have been a frequent internet travel forums user since 1993 and THIS FORUM is the BEST I have seen on the www in terms of organization, best discussions, great moderators (I do NOT mind at all to be put in my place once in a while! ;)), format, and responsiveness to users. TOPS all around. Well done, Ivar!

Carol06

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (May 2012)
Frances (May 2015) all going well and with my husband this time.
Do you think we were all deleting the app and then going on to check the website? I am not being negative but somehow that little icon on my homepage just kept dragging me back in for another look. I love it . I am walking the Camino vicariously until I return next year.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
When you have created a forum of one big "camino family" who care about each other it is no more than you deserve Ivar congratulations.

Camino(s) past & future
May 2015
Congratulations Ivar!

This is an amazing forum. Between the vast amount of information packed onto this site and the wealth of personal knowledge that the forum members contribute, your site is my key resource in planning my trip. Everyone is so friendly and quick to help and no question is too small or too silly to ask.

Thank you for all you do!
Cari

Ullali

Singer Songwriter
Camino(s) past & future
Sept. 2014 Camino Frances
That's FANTASTIC Ivar! Congratulations!!! And THANKS!!!

This IS a great Forum and bunch of helpful souls in here! I'm mining it all the time, getting ready for 'My Way'....starting next week!
This Forum has been (and is), such a great help and source of information/inspiration for me (I shall miss the app though! But totally understand! ;) )

sriyantra

Camino(s) past & future
Frances September "2014"
If it weren't for this forum I would be at panic stations now with only 12 sleeps to go. It is like I have a huge family giving me support and invaluable advice. I also know that if I run into a problem while walking the Camino you are all an email click away.

Thank you so much Ivar and all forum members.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés five times, Madrid two days, Ingles once.
Bravo Ivar!! But then one would expect no less from a Norwegian who has spent time in Pullman, WA! :D Go Cougs!!
Terry

Camino(s) past & future
june (2013)
Yesterday we had the most visitors to the forum since we started in 2004. Over 5.600 different visitors in over 7.500 sessions (some stopped by more than one time) in one day.

So... Pilgrims Office, get ready, people are planning and on their way :)

Buen Camino all!
Ivar
Or we have just finished our Camino and love to check in to see what people are up to.
Thanks for being here.

Cheryl.
Sarria to Finisterre 2013
Ponferrada to Portomarin 2014.

Arn

Staff member
Ivar and fellow pilgrims...there are forums and blogs that were started long before the Forum. Many are still there but dry, lifeless, and often misleading or down right painful to read.

I was away from the Forum on a sabbatical and only returned to active participation several weeks ago. I was amazed at how much time and effort Ivan has dedicated to making the Forum easier to navigate and integrated to the point many questions are answered before the send button is applied.

The new and returned pilgrims to the Forum are honestly inquisitive, free with the information/tips they have acquired and sincerely dedicated to the Camino in only the most positive Way.

Once again, the Camino has returned us again and again to the Forum. Do you think there's a pattern here?

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Santiago
2014 Ferrol -Santiago
2015 Porto -Santiago
2018 Porto -Valença
gratulered med denne suksessen Ivar !
I check the forum 100 times a day :) lots of pleasure and a great support for preps for the next caminho to everybody .
Tusen takk og med venlige helsninger
Albertinho
Rotterdam the Netherlands

Camino(s) past & future
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
Well, Ivar, it's a great way to meet friends, and keep up with my favourite pastime - walking the Camino!
It's also good to be able to help newcomers.
Well done!

Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF15, CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF17, CP17, CdN, CM, CF18, LePuy19
Ivar, you have my congratulations for a job well done and I looking forward to the next 1o years.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Susannafromsweden Announcements 13
ivar Announcements 16

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%