• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bike Rental in Burgos

patmaceoin

Hi, Does anybody know if it is possible to rent bikes in Burgos, and to cycle from there to either Leon or Astorga, and return the bikes in either of those places. We would like to bike that stretch, and then walk the final distance to Santiago in May this year. Any advice at all will be most welcome. Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there,

I will be working with TourNRide and offer their products at http://www.CaminoTravelCenter.com . The price is the same if you make your order through them or with me, they pay me a commission if you order it through me.

I just talked to them, and they said that this is possible. They will ship the bike to your hotel/albergue in Burgos and then you return the bike in Leon or Astorga (you ship it back to Santiago from either of those places).

Please let send me an e-mail, ivar at caminotravelcenter.com with dates and then I can give you a quote.

Saludos,
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In the end TourNRide were not that interested in cooperating, and since I have been busy with other products I will wait with offering the bike-rental product.

So the best thing would be to get in touch with http://tournride.es and they will help you out.

Saludos,
Ivar

These folks 'claim' that they will drop off and then pick up a bicycle anywhere within Spain or Portugal. I asked them about Burgos to Astorga and they claimed that it was doable and they had serviced clients on that route. I have not used them and my Camino is not until 2012, but I've saved this link for the future:

http://www.bikeiberia.com/rides/RidesMaster.html

--Laura

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Has anyone had experience renting a bike and having it delivered to your hotel and later have the bike picked up? I've seen a couple of companies offering this service, they claim that they can drop off and pick up the bike anywhere in Spain for 30 Euros each way! How does this work? Does the bike come packaged in a box? Do I have to take it to a bike shop and have it put back together? What if the bike is damaged in transit upon returning it?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife and I just finished renting bikes in Burgos for 10 Euros per day, which included tire repair kit, helmets, bike delivery, etc.
Look up www.recicleta.org..........they take donated bikes and refurbish them for the poor. Call +34-659-672-450
Hello Adriano, can you give any more details re your bike rental? Did you leave from Burgos and returned the bike at a different location?
I'm hoping to rent from Burgos and bike to Leon then return it in Leon and continue on the Santiago by foot. Let me know if you think this can work through recicleta!

Ivar, do they hire mid drive electric bikes. If yes at what price?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back