• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bike rental shop in Pamplona?

ChrisMac

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Portuguese, Madrid, Primitivo, Salvador....next is Mozarabe
Hi Camino family. Hope all well? It's getting to that time of year again. I'm planning to walk from St Jean to Pamplona then continue biking from Pamplona.

Do you know of a good bike store which will allow me to hire a bike then pick it up at a designated spot along the Camino?
Chris Xx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I found one rental place (small shop near Iglesias St. Nicholas) but the selection was small and the cost to SdC was about €300. I ended up buying a bike from a recycle shop for €80 & paid about double once I got it outfitted. If I did it again, I might go the Decathalon store in Pamplona, buy a mountain bike & rack, ride to SdC, then sell it there, probably to a bike shop. I ended up taking my bike on a bus back to France and riding there before donating my bike to a friend’s teenage son.

ChrisMac I found on the Internet companies that specialize in renting bikes for the Camino. Just google "Camino by bike" "Cycling the Camino" or similar. I think that this is what you are looking foe. They charge around 300-400 Euros for bike rental.

I never used any of those company, because I always cycle my own bike. Last year I was slow like a turtle in Navarra and I constantly met with a group of Spanish cyclist who rented their bikes. They started in Roncesvalles and spent first 3 - 4 days adjusting bikes...

Perhaps paying a visit to that Decathlon shop Penbaysail wrote in her post is not a bad option after all?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We did the same as you’re planning... walked SJPDP to Pamplona then picked up a bike for the rest of the way to SdC.

We used BikeIberia. You just need to give them details of your accommodation at the start and end. We contacted the Pamplona accommodation to check it was OK with them to take delivery.

Main challenge is having walking and cycling gear. We took a rucksack with a dry bag inside. Once we’d finished the walking part, we put almost everything in the dry bag and put that on the rack at the back; wearing a near empty rucksack. BikeIberia will supply panniers but we didn’t want them so asked that they weren’t included.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back