Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Bike shops in Leon

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Pingüigrino

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
We want to go on from santiago on bikes. The rent will be higher than to buy the bikes.

I would recommend you do some extra checks on this aspect. When I last investigated the situation rental for 14 days or more was quite reasonable and the good bike companies provide the technical support. There are a couple of bike shops in Leon - one I used (serviced my bike). Try a google search (or check the CSJ - UK web site they have or had a publication on cycling the camino that had a list of just about every bike shop from Pamplona to Santiago).
Just as an aside having ridden the section you are considering, make sure your bike has good brakes there are some "interesting" down hill sections. Cheers

Peter Elkjær

Past OR future Camino
I would recommend you do some extra checks on this aspect. When I last investigated the situation rental for 14 days or more was quite reasonable and the good bike companies provide the technical support. There are a couple of bike shops in Leon - one I used (serviced my bike). Try a google search (or check the CSJ - UK web site they have or had a publication on cycling the camino that had a list of just about every bike shop from Pamplona to Santiago).
Just as an aside having ridden the section you are considering, make sure your bike has good brakes there are some "interesting" down hill sections. Cheers
Thanks
Peter

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads