• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

biking and meeting friends

frasert

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances and Portuguese
Hi all
Looking at cycling Pamplona or Burgos to Finnestere in April/ May 2015.
Walked St Jean to Burgos last year at the same time and loved every minute and of course planned to return and complete my journey from Burgos by foot.
However finding the time needed has been difficult and I have always love mountain biking so the compromise is to cycle.
One thing I really loved is the Camino family I found even in the two short weeks last year and I wonder if as a solo cyclist this will be the same. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks in advance Fraser

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is great you will get to return even if in a different fashion.

Agreed, the Camino family can be one of the best parts of our experiences. From talking with other bicyclists, it is a much different way of meeting others. Would imagine you would have many solitary hours of riding while on the other hand you could make efforts each day to talk to the walkers whether at break or in the refugios. I am sure you and I could have great conversation, communal dinner, watch a World Cup match. However, the next day feet will take me 28km and pedals will take you 80kms. Would be difficult to meet up again.

If you are the social type, no doubt you will meet others on two wheels on their own as well.

Whatever your path, may you have the best in your journey.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back