• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biking during Christmas

doctor_robert

So I have walked from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela in Febraruy before. I found some good tickets to go back to Spain during Christmas and have already bought them. My choice is should I try to bike the whole Camino Frances or just walk from SJPP to Burgos (fill in from my previous trip).

I am 100% fine walking during the winter, but have recently gotten into biking and would like to look at that option.

What is it like biking during the winter?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did a walk last December and the weather was beautiful.
But the weeks before and after were full of ice, wind, and snow. Biking over O Cebreiro, or down from Roncesvalles or Foncebadon? I wouldn´t want to try that!

Reb.

Rebekah Scott said:
Biking over O Cebreiro, or down from Roncesvalles or Foncebadon? I wouldn´t want to try that!

I think coming off those mountains would be a bit of a pain under good conditions as well.

Actually the only snow I encountered was on O Cebreiro and Foncebadon and we had to walk the roads. It seemed fine for biking, but I was only worried about traveling at 3-4 km/h and not bike speeds so my perspective might be off.

We did have some very strong winds coming off O Cebreiro that might could knock a bike over. We did have take a day off in O Cebreiro because the winds appeared to be over 100 km/h when we got there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back