• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biking Resources

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I have added this area for those that are thinking of biking the camino to Santiago.

A good resource related to biking to Santiago is "Santiago Bicicleta" lead by one of our members William Marques
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Santiago_Bicicleta/

Don't want to bring your bike on the plane?
Rent a bike from Tour N Ride. Pick it up anywhere in Spain (they ship it) and drop it off at their store in Santiago.
- http://www.tournride.com/

Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My mistake, I see that you are active on this list so I thought you were running it. Anyway, it is a good resource for people planning to bike el camino.

Ofcourse bikers can post their questions, conserns regarding biking to Santiago in this area of the forum as well.

Ivar

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
bikes

What I would like to know is where you left your bike when staying at the albergue... that is, if you stayed at the albergues. We plan to do quite a bit of camping as well, in which case we will lock our bikes to the tent. But we do want to stay at an albuerge at least some of the time, to enjoy the experience, and would like to know what to do with the bikes there. Any suggestions or experiences?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Re: bikes

klarita said:
What I would like to know is where you left your bike when staying at the albergue.

There was always somewhere at the refugios, almost always inside to lock the bikes. As we did not stay at every refugio of course, I cannot confirm this will always be the case.

One thing I think the camino teaches you is not to try and plan everything ahead and to accept things as they come.

Buen Camino
William

B-)

Indeed, I am trying not to overplan... I'm certainly not planning an itinerary. We simply have to be in Barcelona on June 25 in the morning to fly home. What happens between June 4 and then is entirely up to the Camino and ourselves :)
But I do want to have at least an idea. And then, I so much enjoy communicating with other on this place that I guess I'm making up questions, which are relevant but not crucial, just to be able to chat with others that have already been there.
Wait till I get back! I will be glued to the forum and will have by two cents to tell EVERYBODY :lol:

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am trying not to overplan

I overplanned my first Camino ad nauseum. It helped, but in the end the Camino turned out to have other plans for me, turned everything inside out :lol: :!: Best, xm 8)

We rented the bikes from Tour N Ride last year. Great service; we had them delivered to our starting point (hotel) in Leon, good reliable bikes, no issues at all. I would highly recommend it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
rent

We have already arranged to take ours with us... plus we prefer to use our own equipment, just because we're familiar with it and so on. But thanks for the tip.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back