• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao airport to Belorado on a Sunday evening

Shirley Rudkin

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago de Compostela (Sept 2016)
Hi, this is my first post. I began the Camino last September walking from SJPP and managed to get to Belorado. Unfortunately my Dad was taken ill so I had to go home after nine days of walking. After much soul searching and deliberation my husband and I have decided to begin our walk again from where we left off. We can get a flight to Bilbao on a Sunday which lands at 16.15. Does anyone know where we can get a bus to Belorado and at what time? I have a timetable from last year saying there is a bus from Bilbao at 19.30 on Sunday evening. Is this still correct? Is it easy to get from the airport into Bilbao? Is it easy to find the bus stops? I would be grateful for any information so thank you in advance.

Although the circumstances of the walk will be very different this time I think that if I didn't come back to finish I would regret it forever.

Kind regards to all travellers

A selection of Camino Jewellery
City of Bilbao Bizkiabus operates bus service from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao Termibus.

ALSA provides bus service from Bilbao Termibus to Burgos. Termibus website states the bus company is Nexcon so there may be a change upcoming or already in place.

Cuadra provides bus service from Bilbao Termibus to Logrono.

Autobuses Jiminez provides bus service from Logrono to Burgos via Belorado in both directions.

Cuadra provides bus service to Haro enroute to Logrono. Haro is closer than either Burgos or Logrono.

Autobuses la Union y Burundesa provide bus service from Haro to Belorado. The problem is frequency of service.

Your biggest problem will be getting to the Termibus before the last bus leaves and even so you may need to plan to stay in Logrono or Burgos.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The late arrival time was one issue I was going to address. My advice - if the buses work out it might be better to book a hotel or similar stating that you will be arriving at such & such a time. As you will recall most albergues will close their doors at 10.00 pm/22.00 and may even be "completo". Hope your father has recovered. Buen Camino!!

Hi, this is my first post. I began the Camino last September walking from SJPP and managed to get to Belorado. Unfortunately my Dad was taken ill so I had to go home after nine days of walking. After much soul searching and deliberation my husband and I have decided to begin our walk again from where we left off. We can get a flight to Bilbao on a Sunday which lands at 16.15. Does anyone know where we can get a bus to Belorado and at what time? I have a timetable from last year saying there is a bus from Bilbao at 19.30 on Sunday evening. Is this still correct? Is it easy to get from the airport into Bilbao? Is it easy to find the bus stops? I would be grateful for any information so thank you in advance.

Although the circumstances of the walk will be very different this time I think that if I didn't come back to finish I would regret it forever.

Kind regards to all travellers
Hi Shirley, we caught the bs from Bilbao airport to Bilbao in march. It's easy, the bus runs regularly to the city , you buy a ticket( 1.50 euro if I remember right) just inside the airport terminal near where the bus stop is. You can book tickets from Bilbao onwards online, via Alsa bus website I think, there's an English language version. I booked a later bus to make sure we'd get to Bilbao bus terminal from the airport in time( we were restarting from Pamplona) and in fact got there in time to catch an earlier bus to Pamplona- no problem! Nipped up the steps to the office at the bus terminal, explained very poorly what I wanted to do and the brilliant young woman immediately understood and reissued us earlier seats so we got to Pamplona in daylight and were saved a 2 hour wait in Bilbao. Really helpful and impressive service. Hope this helps.

Hi Shirley, we caught the bs from Bilbao airport to Bilbao in march. It's easy, the bus runs regularly to the city , you buy a ticket( 1.50 euro if I remember right) just inside the airport terminal near where the bus stop is. You can book tickets from Bilbao onwards online, via Alsa bus website I think, there's an English language version. I booked a later bus to make sure we'd get to Bilbao bus terminal from the airport in time( we were restarting from Pamplona) and in fact got there in time to catch an earlier bus to Pamplona- no problem! Nipped up the steps to the office at the bus terminal, explained very poorly what I wanted to do and the brilliant young woman immediately understood and reissued us earlier seats so we got to Pamplona in daylight and were saved a 2 hour wait in Bilbao. Really helpful and impressive service. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. The bus time tables we have been researching seem very complicated and often miss bits of vital information. The Tourist Office in Belorado have been very helpful too. All booked now so looking forward to Camino part 2!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The late arrival time was one issue I was going to address. My advice - if the buses work out it might be better to book a hotel or similar stating that you will be arriving at such & such a time. As you will recall most albergues will close their doors at 10.00 pm/22.00 and may even be "completo". Hope your father has recovered. Buen Camino!!

Thanks for pointing out the arrival time. We are all sorted now and booked ready to go. I have phoned my Dad and told him he cannot be ill between middle of September to middle of October!! He had Sepsis so was very ill but it could have been much worse. We have a lot to be thankful for. God bless the NHS. Beun Camino

City of Bilbao Bizkiabus operates bus service from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao Termibus.

ALSA provides bus service from Bilbao Termibus to Burgos. Termibus website states the bus company is Nexcon so there may be a change upcoming or already in place.

Cuadra provides bus service from Bilbao Termibus to Logrono.

Autobuses Jiminez provides bus service from Logrono to Burgos via Belorado in both directions.

Cuadra provides bus service to Haro enroute to Logrono. Haro is closer than either Burgos or Logrono.

Autobuses la Union y Burundesa provide bus service from Haro to Belorado. The problem is frequency of service.

Your biggest problem will be getting to the Termibus before the last bus leaves and even so you may need to plan to stay in Logrono or Burgos.

Thank you for all this information, it was most helpful. Best wishes.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back