Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.

Bilbao airport to Pamplona transport

Steffi16

Past OR future Camino
St Jean to Pamplona then all the way to Santiago
Can anyone recommend how to get from Bilbao airport to Pamplona please? Managed to get really cheap flights but can't find a direct bus.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
W

whariwharangi

Can anyone recommend how to get from Bilbao airport to Pamplona please? Managed to get really cheap flights but can't find a direct bus.

PESA bus from Bilbao Loiu Airport to Donostia/San Sebastian bus station. (hourly) PESA uses Basque place names.

ALSA (Probably CONDA colours) bus from San Sebastian bus station to Pamplona bus station. (hourly)

If you're going to SJPdP, consider going from San Sebastian via Bayonne.

Steffi16

Past OR future Camino
St Jean to Pamplona then all the way to Santiago
Thanks so much for this folks, will try all suggestions :)

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
There is a direct bus from the bus station in Bilbao to the bus station in Pamplona. La Unión/Burundesa. (And there is a frequent bus from airport to bus station). When I travelled over in June from Dublin, my plane was too late for me to get my bus at 6pm so I was very lucky to find a car using blablacar. It was a great trip, and I was able to walk from where the driver left me to the house I was going to. I just fished around and joined blablacar the day before travelling. It seems secure, with transparent comments on drivers and cars.. and it is slightly cheaper than the bus, although that is not really the point. Wishing you all the best, and another site for timetables is rome2rio, or something like that. Buen Camino!

pvh

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015 hopefully
We've just done this. There's local buses from the airport to the city bus station in Bilbao every 15 mins and the journey takes about 20 minutes costs about €2. Then take La Union bus to Pamplona direct, costs €15 takes 2 hours.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads