• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao to Burgos

bmck70

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 Pamplona to Santiago
Cycling from Bilbao to join Camino at Burgos after flying in from Scotland. Any bike routes?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My first response was: are you serious? You left Glesca without doing the work of finding a route? Then I said: give the guy a break. So here is a photo of the first thing that came up when I googles bike routes from Bilbao to Burgos. Arrabest, jimmy...
Screenshot 2018-11-21 at 16.57.25.png

Hi there , I cycled this route in August / September, download Maps.me. And download the relevant maps. When using the map, turn your phone onto airplane mode and this saves your battery and just use your phone as a GPS navigation aid. This mapping is brilliant for walkers and cyclists. One photograph of a section. Make sure you have the puncture resistant tyres.
Take care

Attachments

• 0C2E2E5E-7079-4A28-A7F7-8FA33F3BCFFF.jpeg
    0C2E2E5E-7079-4A28-A7F7-8FA33F3BCFFF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Back to San Sebastian, and then on Camino Vasco - https://www.gronze.com/camino-vasco.
Bless you @Puiu but I wouldn't consider the C. Vasco de Interior as a 'bike' route even if I was a bike nut. There are some serious loose stone and rock ascents and descents on that trail that even the local mountain-bikers regard as a challenge. There is a 'alternitivo' for bikers but it just follows the A1 and provides lots of opportunities for bike / truck interaction.

I'm not convinced that the alternative offered by @Bikemap is much safer but google maps came up with three alternatives including one via the BU-550 that might offer some pleasure along with the grind.

Cycling from Bilbao to join Camino at Burgos after flying in from Scotland. Any bike routes?
We may end up cycling from santander to Burgos next August, was hoping to bus to Burgos with bikes but it seems a bit of a chance weather we can get on a bus or not. All the best.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back