• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Bilbao to Estella - is it possible?

Lauraeire

Time of past OR future Camino
We arrive into Bilbao airport on 11th July at 16.25, according to LaUnion website we can get a bus to Pamplona at 18.00 from Bilbao bus station which arrives at 20,00 and then we can get a bus from Pamplona to Estella at 20.30 according to laestellesa website. My question is, is this all possible, has anyone made this jouney by bus and made all the connections.

thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I can't vouch for this exact journey but this route is reliable. We travelled from Viana to Pamplona, via Estella, last summer, using the La Estellesa Services. They do go in both directions! It is a good service, though I'd avoid getting trapped in the luggage hold as I nearly did whilst trying to get to my pack!

Laura Last Easter we travelled by bus from Biarritz airport to San Sebastian and then from San Sebastian to Estella. It all worked like clockwork, as indeed have any of the various spanish bus routes we were looking at. I spent a lot of time looking at various options and ended up realising that those transport links are the least of the worries. The initial day's transport is only the start of multiple choices and options that you have(and within 1/2 days on the camino all that planning gene goes out the window in favour of going with the flow)...so getting from Bilbao to Pamplona there are several options and the people in the airport or the bus station would be more than happy to help. Then if you miss that local bus to Estella there would be nothing wrong with spending an extra hour having some food in Bar Gaucho or someplace similar and spending the little extra on a taxi out to Estella.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Back