• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao to Leon

jessie_d

Hey everyone,

Advice requested: I am flying into Bilbao next Thurs and plan to get to Leon on Fri to start my first camino. This time I will walk from Leon to Santiago de Compostela. I can't belive I'm finally going :)

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Bilbao to Leon? Bus?

Thanks so much to everyone for their helpful posts, it's great to read so much useful information before heading off.

Jessica :p

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You could go to Leon by train. http://www.renfe.es
Departs 09:15 Arrives 14:05. Ticket 26.00 Euros.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Or you could go by the FEVE narrow guage rail.

FEVE Bilbao-León Line - connects Bilbao with León. It offers one daily trip departing from Concordia, in Bilbao (C/Bailén, 2), at 14:30 and arriving in León at 21:45.

For further information on Bilbao-Ferrol or Bilbao-León lines' destinations and timetables, please visit. http://www.feve.es

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back