• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao to Logrono

tom kehoe

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2012, Oct 2013
I will be arriving in Bilbao Airport at 15.35 on 1st October, a bus leaves Bilbao at 17.00 ....will I have sufficient time to make the bus providing my flight arrives on time. I finished my first leg of the Camino in Logrono last Oct and stayed in the albergue there, is it possible to stay there again and continue my Camino the following morning? Tom

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bizkaibus Line 3247 Bilbao-Airport
Service that connects the Bilbao Termibus with the airport with stops in Gran Vía 79, Plaza Moyua and Alameda Recalde 11.
Stops at the airport
Tariffs
Single ticket: €1.35
Opening hours
From Bilbao, buses depart from 05:25 to 21:55 every 30 minutes; from the airport, between 6:15 and 00:00, every 30 minutes.
Contact
Telephone:
902 222 265

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bilbao Airport (BIO) See Transport and Access
http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Bilbao/en/

Bus line that provides service is Bizkaia
http://www.bizkaia.net/home2/Temas/DetalleTema.asp?Tem_Codigo=195&idioma=CA

Estacion de Autobuses Bilbao
http://www.termibus.es/index.php?idi=es

Click 'Horario' and enter aeropuerto Bilbao and Bilbao as origin and destination. This renders a journey time of 30 minutes.

will I have sufficient time to make the bus providing my flight arrives on time.

According to the Termibus Schedule, the last bus you can catch that will get you to the Bilbao bus station on time to make the 1700 timing leaves Bilbao Airport at 1615. That gives you 40 minutes to get off the plane, collect bags, go through customs, and find the bus stop.

Having a plan B should the plane not arrive on time is suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bus ride from the airport into town takes 20 minutes aprox.

Buen Camino!

Yep, Falcon269 is right there is a bus at 8pm. The trip to Logroño takes about 1hr & 30 minutes aprox.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for all of your advice, I knew that I would be tight on time getting from the airport. A taxi is another option for me in the hope of getting the 17.00 bus to Logrono, then it is just a matter of arranging accommodation in advance. I really want to start walking early on 2nd Oct. Time will tell. Tom

We are arriving on this flight on 19 September and are going on to Logrono.
The information given here is correct and we hope to get the 1700 or 2000 bus.We have booked rooms in Logrono in case we arrive on the later bus.

By the way, you have to buy your bus ticket at the ticket office of La Union not on the bus.

Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi tom
I did the exact same as yourself in May and had plenty of time.
The mini bus from the airport is very handy
Enjoy and buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back