• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao to Logrono

Strangford

Time of past OR future Camino
Hope to do first Camino starting 22 September
Im restarting my camino in Logrono but my flight arrives from Dublin at 15.30 and train departs at 15.20. Is there a bus option or will i have to stay the night in Bilbao.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

The Bilbao city bus from the airport, will drop you at the Intermodal (its final stop), where you will catch the bus to Logrono.

Search for your bus using this link. Good luck!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When I check out the. Rone2rio site for April 2023 it says no buses. Is it too early for the the timetable for April

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

There is a bus from airport to bus station "San mamas" can't remember number find out in airport they have just renewed station.
I stayed overnight in Mercure Bilbao got lightrail from nearby abando light rail station next morning to San mamas bus terminus pretty straight forward..

Last edited:
In addition to the 5 pm bus @trecile mentioned, the cuadrabus website shows one at 6:30 and one at 8:00, so unless your plane is really delayed, you should be able to make it to Logroño.

The only thing missing is the schedule for the bus from the airport to the bus station. Looks like it runs every 15 minutes and takes about 20 minutes. 3€ As @donalomahony says, the bus station is the last stop on the airport bus.

Cabs are reasonable, it seems, about 15-20€ from that website, but I would not be surprised if the cab fares rise because of fuel prices.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Im restarting my camino in Logrono but my flight arrives from Dublin at 15.30 and train departs at 15.20. Is there a bus option or will i have to stay the night in Bilbao.
The Bilbao airport is small. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding the bus that will take you to the main Bus/metro station. Pay the driver in coin.
I hope you can catch a bus to Logrono but if not there is a hotel very near the main bus station called Hotel Estadio that I stayed in. Or if you want the pilgrims albergue take the metro. There is an info office in the bus station and uniformed info people standing around to help get bus tickets and metro tickets.
If you don’t speak Spanish, you probably know your phone will translate for you. Buen camino!

I think there's a bus. Airport shuttle into central bus station. I was lucky with blablabla. Try rome2rio

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In addition to the 5 pm bus @trecile mentioned, the cuadrabus website shows one at 6:30 and one at 8:00, so unless your plane is really delayed, you should be able to make it to Logroño.

The only thing missing is the schedule for the bus from the airport to the bus station. Looks like it runs every 15 minutes and takes about 20 minutes. 3€ As @donalomahony says, the bus station is the last stop on the airport bus.

Cabs are reasonable, it seems, about 15-20€ from that website, but I would not be surprised if the cab fares rise because of fuel prices.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't recall ts location, but I enjoyed "Moon Hostel" there. I bicycled from the airport to the bus station. Nobody told me there was a mountain between!

I have tried to email the cuadrabus website but to no avail. Should I take it that those busses will be running in late April/May. Is there any other way of finding out if that bus runs every day.

I have tried to email the cuadrabus website but to no avail. Should I take it that those busses will be running in late April/May. Is there any other way of finding out if that bus runs every day.
Yes, those busses will be running. If anything the company will be moving into a Summer Service with more times.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just queued in the ticket office no problem be early.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's been a while, but was at back of San Mamas main block but station has been rebuilt .

BILBAO INTERMODAL-COACH STATION. (+34) 944 395 077. All regional, national and international bus and coach lines depart from the Bilbao Intermodal ...
bilbao bus station from www.bilbaoturismo.net

Description​

Bilbao Intermodal, previously known as Termibus, is the main bus station of Bilbao and it is located beside San Mamés Stadium. The bus terminal is linked to the San Mamés underground, tram and commuter rail station. Termibus is the starting point of the BizkaiBus A3247 bus line to the Bilbao Airport.

Last edited:
Hi I was just wondering if you heard of bla bla cars, a shared car service which seems quite cheap, if reliable I think it would be a good option, I am hoping this will solve the late arrival problem for us in may

Hi Gerard yes I have heard of them but I have also emailed Cuadrabus and they have a bus at 17.00 which will suit us. There are also buses later than that.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back