A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Bilbao to San Sebastian/Irun

2020 Camino Guides

Sally Forester

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: (May-June 2016)
Norte/Primitivo: (May-June 2017)
Hi There,
I think there was a great chain detailing the transportation options from Bilbao airport to Irun- but I can't seem to find it...

I land @ Bilbao airport at 6:30pm on Sunday May 7th. Was thinking of trying to catch a bus to Irun that night. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sally

Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
My Basque isn't very good, but there appears to be a bus leaving the airport every hour (Lurraldebus) to Saint Sebastian- a journey of an hour and a quarter, and from there frequent suburban trains to Irun (another 22 minutes), with a layover in Saint Sebastian of about a half hour. Bilbao Airport also has a direct airport shuttle to Saint Sebastian (www.sansebastianturismo.com/images/comun/bus-aeropuerto-bilbao.pdf). The bus station is quite close to the train station-- if I recall correctly, there is a tourism desk at the train station with English-speaking staff. If they are not there, check with any uniformed staff person.

waveprof

Enthusiast
Camino(s) past & future
May-June 2013, Camino Frances
If you have the time, the Euskatren (Basque train) from Bilbao to Donostia/San Sebastian is super cheap (3 euros?) and one of the prettiest train routes in all of europe. Somewhere between 2 to 3 hours. And then you can take euskatren to Irun or Hendaya for 2 euros more.

Faster though is bus to Donostia/San Sebastian. 75 minutes every hour or so.

W

whariwharangi

Hi There,
I think there was a great chain detailing the transportation options from Bilbao airport to Irun- but I can't seem to find it...

I land @ Bilbao airport at 6:30pm on Sunday May 7th. Was thinking of trying to catch a bus to Irun that night. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sally
PESA operates the airport shuttle bus from Bilbao Loiu Airport to Donostia/San Sebastian. It runs every hour. Summer schedule might have more frequent service. It runs under 'Lurraldebus' title at the bus station, however, PESA is the actual service provider.
http://www.pesa.net/pesa/en/horarios

Aena Bilbao Airport
http://www.aena.es/en/bilbao-airport/index.html

Estacion de Autobuses San Sebastian/Donostia Geltokia
http://www.estaciondonostia.com/en

Renfe Cercanias trains run from San Sebastian Renfe Station to Irun Renfe Station.

The new bus station in San Sebastian is co-located with San Sebastian Renfe Station.

Last edited by a moderator:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 53 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 185 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 298 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.0%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 351 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock