• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilboa to Roncesvalles

Paul2008

Hello all its actually seems like its going to happen :)

I have found this info below and I am wondering how far the Bus station is from the Airport and how long does the 2 bus rides take or how many Km's .
I arrive into Bilboa 15.30hrs 9th Sept, if I make it to Roncesvalles in one day late in the day where would there be places to rest in prep.

To reach Roncesvalles: fly with Easyjet to Bilbao, take the bus to Pamplona then the Autocares Artiedabus (18.00 daily not Sun, 1600 Sat) to Roncesvalles.

All the best Paul

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, Paul,
I have some of the information you need, but not all.

The airport bus from Bilbao to downtown takes about 45 minutes, runs every 15 or 20 minutes and costs around a euro (this is based on my experience walking the Camino del Norte last year, but I assume things haven't changed too much). What I don't know is if that bus takes you directly to the bus station.

We took the euskotren, the modern tram, from the casco viejo to the bus station. Very fast (I'd say no more than 10 or 15 minutes) and again about a euro, I think.

For buses between Bilbao and Pamplona, check out the http://www.movelia.es website. Schedules may vary depending on whether you arrive on a week day or weekend, but plugging in a weekday deprture for next week I saw that for buses leaving after your plane arrival you can choose between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. buses to Pamplona. Takes 2 hours and costs 12.85 euro. But with a 3:30 p.m. arrival in Bilbao, you won't make it to Roncesvalles the same day. So you could choose either to spend the night in Bilbao and go to Pamplona the next day to arrive in time for the 6 pm bus, or make it to Pamplona your first day and spend the next day there till the bus. I've spent time in both cities and like them both very much. You will be walking back through Pamplona on the Camino, so it just depends on your preferences. Good luck with the plans. Laurie

You could still make it if you get a taxi from Pamplona to Roncesvalles in the evening but it is quite expensive:

From Pamplona Airport, around €55 with tariff 1 (daytime service Monday through Friday) and 25% extra for tariff 2 (night services, and all day Saturdays and Sundays)
Taxis: Luzaide/Valcarlos:
Andoni 636191423:
From Garralda:
Angel Mª 609411449 From Espinal:
Francisco 649725951

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back