• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bill Beahen's blog on the Via de la Plata Sept - Oct 2010

billbeahen

I walked the Camino Frances in May 2008. This was a very significant event in my life and I have decided to return to Spain this month to walk the Via de la Plata route.

This year, instead of sharing my travel musings with friends via email, I have decided to get with the times and maintain a travel blog to share stories and updates. Here is the URL:

http://billscamino.wordpress.com/

If you’re interested, the blog has a great feature where you can subscribe for automatic updates. This means every time I blog you will receive a notification in your email inbox. On my blog, you just have to enter your email address where it says “Email Subscription” on the right hand side and hit the button – “Sign me up.” You will then receive a confirmation email to your account, follow the instructions and you will be signed up to receive the updates. Otherwise, just mark down the URL and check it out whenever you want.

Bill Beahen
Ottawa, Ontario

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Bill,
I will be following your walk on your blog. Can't wait! As you know from our PMs, I loved the Vdlp and I'm really looking forward to following your footsteps. Buen camino, my friend, Laurie

Hi Bill

I hope to walk vdlp next year, but for now, I am merely whetting my appetite, following all who had walked it/will be walking it. So, if you do not mind, I will be following you on your journey via your blog, avidly :D

Safe journey. Buen camino
Rebecca

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen camino, Bill, and thanks for sharing your blog with us. I'll be following your journey with great interest.

lynne

I will be walking the VdlP in May next year. I have learned heaps already, especially from Laurie's posts, and will be following your journey avidly. Thank you for making it available to all.

Good walking and fair weather.

Sue

Hi Bill

As another who will be walking the VDLP in April/May next year, I will follow your exploits with relish.Thanks.

Buen camino

Alan

Life is joyous. Be Brave.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good luck Bill, hope the weather is kind to you. Will be following along in spirit, love the VdlP and can't wait till we are back on it next year.

Remember you are never alone on camino. :arrow: :D
Carole

Hi Bill,
I read that you are starting on September 11. I will start tomorrow (september 10) from Seville, so maybe will meet you somewhere :). I also have a weblog, but it´s in dutch...
riacamino.blogspot.com
Hasta luego,
ria

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hoi Ria,

I leave today for Seville from Weeze (ik ben ook nederlands!) at 5pm and will be staying in Hotel Simon (same place as Bill) tonight and tomorrow and probably start walking on the 11th. C u on the route I´m sure :)

Hey Muppet,
Wow, this is getting a bit weird, because i am also staying in hotel... Simon! :)
Read some of your posts, and this is also my 3rd-4th camino this year. (norte-primitivo, portugues, inglés from coruña - well actually i did that in 2 days, so doesn´t count as a camino he? - and now plata). it is quite hot here, isn´t it?
Look forward to meeting you one of these days :)
ria

Hi Ria,

Read your post and have sent you an email in this forum. Ive already had a good chat to Bill this evening. its verrrrrrrrry hot here...gulp....walking in this heat is going to be fun! Definitely need lots of water!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks for the blog link Bill,will also be reading.
I start the Via de la Plata this Tuesday the 14th walking on the 15th hoping to catch up with you all at some point, also will be great to have some trailblazers in front of me leaving lots of information for this Englishman bringing up the rear.I also will be writing on my blog the link is below.
take care all
Ian

Hello to all who are walking the VDLP at this time. I will be eagerly reading your reports as I hope to walk from Seville or Granada to Santiago this time next year. I'm quite apprehensive about the hot weather so am keen to learn from you.
Take care and carry lots of water ! Thanks for your blogs.
Sandra.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Bill, Ria, Muppet and Ian,

Wishing you all a fantastic Camino! I too will be following you closely as I am planning to walk the VdlP next summer.

May there be enough water for you all!!!

Abrazos,

LT

Buen camino a todos.

Take care in the heat. Thinking about you all. Carole :mrgreen:

Looks like a critical mass of forum members is forming in Sevilla. I wish you all a wonderful Vdlp, and eagerly await installments "live from the camino."

I especially look forward to hearing how you cope with the heat and the words of wisdom you can pass on to those of us who have never walked in such high temperatures. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Buen camino a todos, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back