• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Bird identification on the Francés?

D

Deleted member 39850

Hi everyone;
When I did the CF in the fall of 2014, I was amazed by the song-birds I would hear and see. I'm quite fond of birds, and have been a casual birder for over 40 years in central Canada. I knew few of the birds in Spain (except for sparrow, magpies and the storks). I've been looking for an ebook with bird of the Northern Region of Spain because I'm going back for the last 300K this year in late summer and I'm anxious to know what I'm seeing/hearing out there.
PS -- did anyone else see the little gerbil-type rodents on the way between León and Villadonga? I've tried to identify them, and I'm not sure what they were.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I had two kestrels followinging me as I walked on a heathery section, do not recall where, and as the solitary wanderer I was at the time, I felt like I was followed by vultures....
- turned out, that my steps, the occasionally kicking of a stone and my tick tack of the walking sticks made critters move in the heather on both sides...they dipped down and struck luck...

Could be your Gerbil rodents...
everyone needs fastfood once in a while...

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back