• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • Please see this announcement regarding the Corona virus and the Camino (posted March 13t). Please also check with your government for any travel restrictions. We have also opened a thread with "Special Announcements and Advisories".
  • We have a new section of the forum that is for anouncing upcoming Forum Zoom Chats. Check it for times and dates and join us if you are interested and can make it. Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay safe! Ivar
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Birkies in Santiago?

2020 Camino Guides

truenorthpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Sept-Nov 2016)
Camino Podiensis/Le Puy (Sept 2019)
Camino Frances (Oct 2019)
Strange question. I am departing on my second camino on September 9th, this time starting from Le Puy en Velay and most likely arrive in Santiago early/mid November. I'll be sick of my shoes and have a feeling I'll want to wear something cozy after living in my hiking shoes for 2.5 months. Does anyone know of a shoe store in Santiago that sells Birkenstocks clogs?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Strange question. I am departing on my second camino on September 9th, this time starting from Le Puy en Velay and most likely arrive in Santiago early/mid November. I'll be sick of my shoes and have a feeling I'll want to wear something cozy after living in my hiking shoes for 2.5 months. Does anyone know of a shoe store in Santiago that sells Birkenstocks clogs?
I looked up Birkenstock Santiago, and found this:E86ED9BC-446D-4B48-AC7D-3BAAEBE518AD.png
On their website they have a range of Birkenstock sandals. I recently bought a pair of plastic ones that weigh very little, to serve for the shower and walking around after the day’s walks. They are lighter than crocs, and fit me better.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
If you are in the old town, I recommend trying Pitiera first just before the narrow 'street" opens onto Plaza Galicia, then Moksin on Rus de Montero Rios (new town), lastly, take the #6 bus from Plaza de Galicia (direction Os Tilos) for €1,00 each way to El Corte Ingles...

I was in Pitiera during May, They do have a fairly good selection of the classic Birks. I wear them at home in Florida all the time. Last August, I obtained a great pair of the classic Arizona model in Madrid for half the US price.

Generally, Birks will be a great buy in Spain, if you can find your size, color and style... But, trying them on before you buy them is better than mail or Amazon order in the blind... In my experience, I found they ran about a half size LARGE. But his can vary from style to style...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

truenorthpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the input. This will save me cash buying in the US and lugging them overseas and whilst walking. 👟

truenorthpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
I looked up Birkenstock Santiago, and found this:View attachment 59882
On their website they have a range of Birkenstock sandals. I recently bought a pair of plastic ones that weigh very little, to serve for the shower and walking around after the day’s walks. They are lighter than crocs, and fit me better.
Thanks Kirkie for the Birkie suggestion (couldn’t resist) 😃

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock