• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Birthday Camino

Ferenjinan

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy- Auvillar ( 2018 )
Lisbon- Santiago (2019)

St. Jean Pied a Port - Finisterre 2008
I am turning 70 in September and want to walk from Vezelay to St Jean. ( Went from there to Finistierre 10 years ago). For that pilgrimage I had one of the CSJ booklets (UK) giving distances and albergues, and nothing more. Does anyone know of something similar for the French route? Preferably in English though French would be all right.
Any other tips or encouragement would be lovely.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am turning 70 in September and want to walk from Vezelay to St Jean. ( Went from there to Finistierre 10 years ago). For that pilgrimage I had one of the CSJ booklets (UK) giving distances and albergues, and nothing more. Does anyone know of something similar for the French route? Preferably in English though French would be all right.
Any other tips or encouragement would be lovely.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!

Here is a link to handy English language guides for walking from Vezelay published by the Dutch Association of Saint James.

https://www.santiago.nl/english/vezelay-main-page

Happy planning and Bon chemin!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good luck and power to your feet Ferenjinan .
A life goal of mine is to re walk the Frances upon my 70th year .

As @mspath already linked the Dutch Association of Saint James with their English Vezelay guides, I won't have to. Note however that there are two guides: one with the variant Nevers and the other with the route through Bourges. The two routes converge before Crozant.
The website of the Dutch Association has more to offer though: browse through their download section and see if there is something else of interest for you, like the GPX/KMZ files. The translate-tool is in the top-left corner.
If you decide to take the Nevers route, be sure to stay at L'Esprit du Chemin in Le Chemin, 25 km after Vezelay. A very special place. My second favorite place was the Moulin de Piis just after La RĂ©ole. An old watermill and a fantastic location to spend the night. BYO food and drinks if you stay there (kitchen available).
Also worth mentioning is the HĂ´tel de la Lune in Orthez, a building from the 13th or 14th century, and supposedly home to chronicler Jean Froissart in the winter of 1388. Very atmospheric.
Bon chemin, and have a nice birthday en route!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back