• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Birthday omen

Year of past OR future Camino
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
I’ve been struggling with the uncertainty of when I can Camino again. Lockdown with my dog has been at times a gift vs lonely and boring but this forum and all of you has kept the dream alive. Today is my birthday and upon arriving home after my morning 8km walk (in the snow and -15C weather) this is what was in my mailbox.....definitely God telling me to never stop dreaming and planning my next Camino ❤️👣👣👣👣

Attachments

• 1CFDA234-DE8B-43D5-82B7-C78378D8CFC9.jpeg
    1CFDA234-DE8B-43D5-82B7-C78378D8CFC9.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 744BE7BB-6485-4074-B273-BE8D741D2067.jpeg
    744BE7BB-6485-4074-B273-BE8D741D2067.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 171
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

GaTeach

SJPP to SdC 2017,
Considering same route in 2021 after swearing NEVER AGAIN.
feliz cumpleanos! y buen camino!

Arn

Veteran Member
I’ve been struggling with the uncertainty of when I can Camino again. Lockdown with my dog has been at times a gift vs lonely and boring but this forum and all of you has kept the dream alive. Today is my birthday and upon arriving home after my morning 8km walk (in the snow and -15C weather) this is what was in my mailbox.....definitely God telling me to never stop dreaming and planning my next Camino ❤️👣👣👣👣
Birthdays, in some respects, have gone out of style. Folks are too busy to have one. Others respond with a fixed phrase "Happy Birthday" on an email or FB and there is the friend or family member that voices "Please, it's just another day. Don't do anything special!" Then, they sit at home, or wait at the phone, hoping you DO do something at least out of the ordinary.
The Camino is anything but ordinary. Regardless of how you plan. What you hope will be a firm start date, lodging, or physical fitness at kick off...the Camino will be what is has always been...the final result of all.
A very Happy, heartfelt, Birthday.
Buen :Now blow out the candles" Camino
Arn

CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
Birthdays, in some respects, have gone out of style. Folks are too busy to have one. Others respond with a fixed phrase "Happy Birthday" on an email or FB and there is the friend or family member that voices "Please, it's just another day. Don't do anything special!" Then, they sit at home, or wait at the phone, hoping you DO do something at least out of the ordinary.
The Camino is anything but ordinary. Regardless of how you plan. What you hope will be a firm start date, lodging, or physical fitness at kick off...the Camino will be what is has always been...the final result of all.
A very Happy, heartfelt, Birthday.
Buen :Now blow out the candles" Camino
Arn
Love your words, thank you and yes as the years add up and we hope for many more years to walk another Camino we must celebrate our lives TODAY for none of us really knows how many more caminos we have 👣👣👣

(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Happy birthday!

Lonely? Boring? With people like us to hang around with all the time, day after day? No possible!

Buen planning & Camino!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Happy birthday!

Lonely? Boring? With people like us to hang around with all the time, day after day? No possible!

Buen planning & Camino!
Lol you’re a fellow northerner......yes it’s is a forum to get lost in for days on end especially when it’s -25C 🤦‍♀️See you in Santiago one day!

Last edited:

Ivan_Prada

Francés-(septiembre 2018)
Portugués-(en planes 2021)??
EAE009CB-0431-481D-8AF2-493C6B5D8AB0.jpeg
Feliz Cumpleaños, Peregrina.......

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Old Crow

2014 Frances Finisterre
2015 Frances Finisterre
2017 Frances Finisterre Ingles
2018 Frances
Happy Birthday, Colette!
Still snowing here.

lynn

C.F. '07, '09, '18'. Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
C.F.: July '07, July '09, Sept. '18.
Happy Birthday fr NS Canada! Here's to another Camino.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)
Based on how many caminos you have completed, I think you will cope with Covid and be on the way when the time comes. For today, Happy birthday!

Camino Frances Roncesvalles to Sahagun Oct 2016
Sahagun to SDC April 2017 Burgos to SDC April 2018

Great map. Happy Birthday from a former fellow Ottawan

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Holy Year Credential

Anik2001

Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)well hopefully 2021...
Happy birthday from Quebec! It is cold here too, but the heart is warm when thinking about our next camino!

Happy birthday from Quebec! It is cold here too, but the heart is warm when thinking about our next camino!
Merci beaucoup Anik. I’m looking to take my dog and stay in a cottage over the river for a few days , walk somewhere different a few days to save my sanity. 🤔

Camino Frances Roncesvalles to Sahagun Oct 2016
Sahagun to SDC April 2017 Burgos to SDC April 2018
Any warmer in Peterborough? It’s too much cold already. Dream dream! Thanks

Temperatures not much different but a lot less humid here which makes a difference. Maybe, when things settle, we could meet in Ottawa and have a coffee chat. I am down there often as I have two sons living there. Enjoy your day.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Frances 2013
Camino Frances to Finisterre/Muxia staring Sept. 2015,

Via de la Plata 2019
Happy Birthday from the Top End of Australia.
I can’t even imagine living in those cold temperatures that you talk about !!!!!!

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Marbe2

2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Same date as my brother! Best wishes for a good year Colette!

countycork

26th May 2013
Happy Birthday Colette from Cork, Ireland.........-1 and snowing steadily all morning, dreaming of next Camino/ reminiscing of happy days over the years on Camino Francis

jblaskovits

Camino Frances and Finisterre 2015
Chemin d'Arles and Camino Aragonés 2018
Camino Portugués 2019
Happy belated birthday from northern Canada!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Holy Year Credential

susanawee

susanawee
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Defintely a positive sign for you Colette.... Happy Birthday and Camino Blessings.