• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Björk in concert in Santiago de Compostela on June 22, 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 13441
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13441

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to figure out where Björk, one of my favorite music artists, was going to perform in 2012. Her website's gigography page says she's going to be in concert at "la ciudad de la cultura de santiago, spain" (aka A Cidade da Cultura de Galicia, the new arts center southeast of the city). The Icelander is currently on her tour for her most recent album, Biophilia. Tickets are not on sale—yet.

I'm planning on walking the camino francés from SJPP, flying out of the US on May 20, and getting to France no later than May 22 (possibly the 21st?). I know John Brierley divides the CF into 33 stages, but going to Björk's concert would give me barely 30 days to get there, including inevitable rest days.

When I found out that Björk would be performing in the same city I would be in almost to the day—I'll be honest—I screamed and did a happy dance. But I'm not sure if it's worth it to book the CF in 30 days just to get to Santiago in time for the concert. I'd rather not be rushed so I can enjoy the journey, but at the same time this is an amazing opportunity!

What should I do?

P.S. I also want to walk to Fisterra, and be back to the US by June 30. *whew*

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Trevor,

Have you considered travelling to Santiago by public transport on the day of the concert from whatever point you are at and then travelling back the next day to continue where you left the trail? Alternatively, you could just see how you go and travel a few of the stages by bus to fit in with an arrival date of 22nd June.

Regards
Mig

miguel_gp said:
Hi Trevor,

Have you considered travelling to Santiago by public transport on the day of the concert from whatever point you are at and then travelling back the next day to continue where you left the trail? Alternatively, you could just see how you go and travel a few of the stages by bus to fit in with an arrival date of 22nd June.

Regards
Mig

I hadn't thought of that, Mig; thanks for the suggestion. I guess I can just play things by ear once I get my feet on the ground there; I don't know what kind of pacing I'll be up for, although I have heard of some walking the whole way in 20 days. :shock: If I do take your advice and take a bus to Santiago if I'm not there, I may have to sacrifice going to Fisterra to see Björk. Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
trevorhuxham said:
....I may have to sacrifice going to Fisterra to see Björk
I know what I'd choose, and its not Bjork but then I'm not a fan. Now if it was Depeche Mode I might have to think about it :D

Seriously, I hope the timing works out and that you get to do all.

Buen Camino
Mig

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back