Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Blanket metaphor

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
As solowalk2020 has slipped out of my grasp, the slow rhythmic motion of making Camino flowers and joining them together while I’ve listened to Spanish lessons has been calming. As I made the last DARK green square today it struck me that I am making the dark part of the blanket in these dark days of uncertainty. But I am starting now on some brighter greens - and I am aware that hope will spring again and I will appreciate more fully the next Camino I walk.
I’m thinking too that the darks provide some contrast to the lights - in life beauty is rising from the darkness too.
B6E972C3-6F38-4D3B-8627-AA461AFB9C4A.jpeg7F8C9247-58D6-47E9-9B6C-7210A1946E6A.jpegB038EDB0-4B16-40D6-B7D6-A906141DDF8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I love your metaphor. Thank you. A friend is envious of your art(fulness). I bracket the word as it is mine, she is just plain jealous of your lovely creation, but I like the rhythm of the three syllables in artfulness, stripping it of any deceitful meaning.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
I like the feet sticking out between two blankets. They indicate to me that, in spite of the incomplete blankets near them, there still is a potential for going somewhere. They are like the punctuation of the poetry.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I like the feet sticking out between two blankets. They indicate to me that, in spite of the incomplete blankets near them, there still is a potential for going somewhere. They are like the punctuation of the poetry.
Those feet are standing on the coffee table ;-) but I do love the potential and punctuation!

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
As solowalk2020 has slipped out of my grasp, the slow rhythmic motion of making Camino flowers and joining them together while I’ve listened to Spanish lessons has been calming. As I made the last DARK green square today it struck me that I am making the dark part of the blanket in these dark days of uncertainty. But I am starting now on some brighter greens - and I am aware that hope will spring again and I will appreciate more fully the next Camino I walk.
I’m thinking too that the darks provide some contrast to the lights - in life beauty is rising from the darkness too.
View attachment 71315View attachment 71316View attachment 71317
Its beautiful and such an undertaking. Out of curiosity, will you have to sew in all the ends or will you back it with fabric?
I have still not forgiven my husband who took my queen size knitted blanket (took me a couple of years to make) to a Marae AND LEFT IT THERE!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Its beautiful and such an undertaking. Out of curiosity, will you have to sew in all the ends or will you back it with fabric?
I have still not forgiven my husband who took my queen size knitted blanket (took me a couple of years to make) to a Marae AND LEFT IT THERE!
Oh, my God, I can feel the fury from here!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
Anybody else feeling creative? Just made a protective mask. Probably not much of a prophylactic but can't wait to walk into my bank and for them to ask me to remove it so that "they can serve me better"

1584618114140.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Anybody else feeling creative? Just made a protective mask. Probably not much of a prophylactic but can't wait to walk into my bank and for them to ask me to remove it so that "they can serve me better"

View attachment 71347
I'm making these washable masks to cover surgical masks for my son, who is a surgical nurse, to help protect their REGULAR masks so they can be worn longer. These DO work, though aren't as good as "real" masks, obviously, but are better than nothing.

Arlene Laskey

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April-May 2018
Camino Portuguese ?2021? maybe
Beautiful work, and love the metaphor. Stay positive and keep creating things of beauty!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@Anamiri i will be sewing in the ends. It will be a slow meditative process, one at a time, just like walking a Camino! It’s a (mindless) job I save to do while sitting round chatting with friends (although that is conceivably not going to be possible soon)

BruceS

Camino(s) past & future
CF late 2020 or April 2021
This is cheerful and a positive inspiration !
Much appreciated and needed.
Big thanks.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@notion900 so glad your blanket has a name! Love the colour. Would you mind me giving you a wee tip (seeing as you’ve just learnt)? Read ahead if you don’t object;-) Every few rows at the beginning either count your stitches or lay it out flat to eyeball whether you are keeping the same number of stitches or adding an extra or losing one. Saves having to go back if you discover you’ve made a mistake later.
I’ve just run out of one of my colours and I’ve decided to not buy any more, but make do with what I have on hand - it seems a fitting solution in these times!

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock