• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blanket of Stars: Thru-Hiking the Camino de Santiago

ChristineW67

Time of past OR future Camino
June "2014"
Hello!

I'm a 3x peregrina and have just published my first book on Amazon. This nonfiction travelogue shares a personal story but there are also bits of history and spirituality, trail-sense and nonsense, best practices and mistakes, and humorous encounters with fellow peregrinos. I hope you'll check it out!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RT884L/?tag=casaivar02-20

Attachments

• Blanket of Stars design ebook design.jpg
    Blanket of Stars design ebook design.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I downloaded it via Kindle Unlimited, which is to say, for free -- because I could! (Free is good!)

Alas, when I do that it makes me feel a bit piggy, because the author gets no financial compensation for all her troubles..... But then I say to myself, "She probably didn't write it in order to make money."

So instead of money accept my thanks. I look forward to reading it one day soon.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I started reading your book during my free trial subscription of Kindle Unlimited. I'm not keeping the subscription, and since I hadn't finished the book, I bought it instead. What a wonderful book, funny and tender, yet with brave descriptions of the trauma that underlay your Camino. I will be sure to leave a review on Amazon when I'm done!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I started reading your book during my free trial subscription of Kindle Unlimited. I'm not keeping the subscription, and since I hadn't finished the book, I bought it instead. What a wonderful book, funny and tender, yet with brave descriptions of the trauma that underlay your Camino. I will be sure to leave a review on Amazon when I'm done!
Started with the Amazon "look" and purchased at Puenta la Reina!
I'm hooked.
Thanks
John
Thank you, Seabird.

I just finished your book! I was hooked and read it non-stop. Thank you so much for writing about your experience. Your words really touched me, and at times you sounded like my thoughts exactly. I was wiping tears off of my cheeks at the end. My husband and I fly off from SeaTac on June 17th to do our first Camino. for the past few years I have had this need to do it, and I am so thankful my husband is willing to come along. I was so happy to read at the end that you were able to do the Camino with your husband. Again, thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just finished your book! I was hooked and read it non-stop. Thank you so much for writing about your experience. Your words really touched me, and at times you sounded like my thoughts exactly. I was wiping tears off of my cheeks at the end. My husband and I fly off from SeaTac on June 17th to do our first Camino. for the past few years I have had this need to do it, and I am so thankful my husband is willing to come along. I was so happy to read at the end that you were able to do the Camino with your husband. Again, thank you!

Thank you for your kind words! You made my night. It means so much to me to be read, appreciated, and understood. I'm happy you are listening to the little Camino voice calling you to pilgrimage. I hear it all of the time. In fact, the only time I'm not thinking about the Camino is when I'm on the Camino! I'll be walking my 4th Camino in May, but this time along the Norte. I'm hoping there is another book rolling around in my head that meditative walking will bring to the surface.

I wish you a beautiful Camino!
Christine

I graciously accept your thank-you. And Please, don't feel piggy! I didn't write to make money. I wrote to share a story and encourage others. And I loved every bit of the process. It felt like walking my 4th Camino.

I added the book to the free Kindle downloads, which was my choice so that it would be more widely read. However, I just learned that I do earn a little bit for every page that is read. It was a nice surprise. It isn't much, I think a half-penny per page. But this is more than I expected - which is just how I approached the Camino. I received way more than expected.

I'm hitting the Camino del Norte in May. I'm wondering if there is another book in the tank.

Hi Christine,
Reading your book now and thoroughly enjoying it. Going on my first Camino in September this year. Thanks for making it available.
Buen Camino
Kevin

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for making my day! I'm thrilled you are enjoying my book. I hope you can recognize the places I describe, and I hope you meet beautiful people along the way.

Buen Camino!
Christine

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back