• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blister Taping Tutorials

Wokabaut_Meri

somewhere along the Way
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2015
Pilgrims Way 2018
Via Francigena #1 Canterbury-Dover 2018
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What kind of tape is she using? Is it like KT Tape?

What kind of tape is she using? Is it like KT Tape?
The tape Rebecca uses in all three videos is a proprietary product, Fixomull Stretch. a wide area hypoallergenic tape. I find that the stretch characteristics allow it to conform to more complex areas without wrinkling. In contrast, rigid tapes like sports strapping tapes are difficult to apply without wrinkling to some parts of the feet.

This year I carried both Fixomull Stretch and 25mm wide Micropore tape for preventative taping against blisters and treatment of hot-spots.

Good tutorials. Be careful when you tape, though, to make sure the skin at the edges of the tape will not be pulled in any way while you walk. I used moleskin patches for the balls of my feet and got blisters at the far edge from my big toe on both feet on the first day. The blisters happened when my foot would flex against the patch. I subsequently solved the issue by fully flexing my feet/toes before I applied the moleskin.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.