A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Blisters - The inside scoop. (Video)

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
With respect and all due gentleness, I have to say that I disagree with the video as being a good source of information. The advice ranges from iffy, to not effective, to risky (needle and thread). A lot of the advice has been proven to be incorrect. One of the sites listed as a reference contradicts a lot of the advice on the video. There are bits and pieces that are valuable (pre taping at-risk areas to create a shear friction buffer to the skin)
The video production is of an entertaining nature, and the main presenter is fun to watch and listen to. I've watched a number of his camino videos before :)

Wazza

Camino(s) past & future
de Frances 2017. Finisterre 2017
Only way to beat blisters is to get a pair of Armaskin socks https://www.armaskin.com/
Then you won't get blisters, won't need needles and cotton etc
They're inner socks.
My wife and I used them on our Camino last year - 915 kms StJPDP, Santiago, Muxia, Finisterre. Zero blisters - passed plenty of others who were hobbling due to blisters!

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Only way to beat blisters is to get a pair of Armaskin socks https://www.armaskin.com/
They're inner socks.
My wife and I used them on our Camino last year - 915 kms StJPDP, Santiago, Muxia, Finisterre. Zero blisters - passed plenty of others who were hobbling due to blisters!
ArmaSkin socks can do a very good job at blister prevention. :) They incorporate known strategies which have been shown to be effective. What is nice is that those effective strategies, by themselves, are able to be used and work as well, if not better, than ArmaSkins. Folks can buy the socks, but they also can take effective blister prevention precautions without Armaskins, too. :)

It is nice to know that there are good strategies to avoid blistering.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
2019- Invierno
They're inner socks.
Interesting. I've never even heard of these socks let alone ever used them And yet...I don't get blisters. To say they are the only way to beat blisters is just silly. Are you selling them?

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%