• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blisters - The inside scoop. (Video)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
With respect and all due gentleness, I have to say that I disagree with the video as being a good source of information. The advice ranges from iffy, to not effective, to risky (needle and thread). A lot of the advice has been proven to be incorrect. One of the sites listed as a reference contradicts a lot of the advice on the video. There are bits and pieces that are valuable (pre taping at-risk areas to create a shear friction buffer to the skin)
The video production is of an entertaining nature, and the main presenter is fun to watch and listen to. I've watched a number of his camino videos before :)

Only way to beat blisters is to get a pair of Armaskin socks https://www.armaskin.com/
Then you won't get blisters, won't need needles and cotton etc
They're inner socks.
My wife and I used them on our Camino last year - 915 kms StJPDP, Santiago, Muxia, Finisterre. Zero blisters - passed plenty of others who were hobbling due to blisters!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Only way to beat blisters is to get a pair of Armaskin socks https://www.armaskin.com/
They're inner socks.
My wife and I used them on our Camino last year - 915 kms StJPDP, Santiago, Muxia, Finisterre. Zero blisters - passed plenty of others who were hobbling due to blisters!

ArmaSkin socks can do a very good job at blister prevention. :) They incorporate known strategies which have been shown to be effective. What is nice is that those effective strategies, by themselves, are able to be used and work as well, if not better, than ArmaSkins. Folks can buy the socks, but they also can take effective blister prevention precautions without Armaskins, too. :)

It is nice to know that there are good strategies to avoid blistering.

They're inner socks.
Interesting. I've never even heard of these socks let alone ever used them And yet...I don't get blisters. To say they are the only way to beat blisters is just silly. Are you selling them?

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.