• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

BlisterStuff

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I haven’t heard of PreHeels before. When I walked my caminos I applied Blue Steel anti-chafing cream (a “liquid powder”) each morning and managed to avoid any blisters. The key ingredient is dimethacone which incorporates into the epidermis and prevents friction against the dermis. Apparently it is this repetitive and prolonged friction which causes blisters. Many I met used Vaseline with similar outcomes but it was too greasy and messy for me.

I think that PreHeels has been mentioned in the forum before.
It looks like it is simply an anti-friction preparation in spray form, rather than cream or stick form.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds and discription sounds like a skin softener. If you are prone to blister's may I suggest articles on lacing and tying boots. Also duct tape. :)
Yes, boot lacing and tape are very helpful. After a couple caminoes and thousands of miles of wilderness backpacking that started back in the 60's, I think I pretty much know every preventative and treatment option in the blister world. This Pre-Heels thing was new to me. It's actually the opposite of skin softener, which is pretty much the last thing you would want. Rather, it provides a protective coating to reduce friction and hopefully minimize the sheer force which causes blisters. I just wondered if it works. The comments on the Amazon site were about 75% positive although I got the impression that it seemed to be most useful for women's high heels. With respect to general hiking and and gear matters, I'm always interested in "something new under the sun."

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just wear nylons with my socks. 3 Caminos - 0 Blisters.

The comments on the Amazon site were about 75% positive although I got the impression that it seemed to be most useful for women's high heels.
I think that's because it is being marketed to women in high heels. As @jayree mentioned, the active ingredient seems to be dimethicone, the same ingredient in other anti-friction preparations which are marketed to runners, hikers, etc.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back