Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

BlisterStuff

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

jayree

Past OR future Camino
I haven’t heard of PreHeels before. When I walked my caminos I applied Blue Steel anti-chafing cream (a “liquid powder”) each morning and managed to avoid any blisters. The key ingredient is dimethacone which incorporates into the epidermis and prevents friction against the dermis. Apparently it is this repetitive and prolonged friction which causes blisters. Many I met used Vaseline with similar outcomes but it was too greasy and messy for me.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I think that PreHeels has been mentioned in the forum before.
It looks like it is simply an anti-friction preparation in spray form, rather than cream or stick form.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
Sounds and discription sounds like a skin softener. If you are prone to blister's may I suggest articles on lacing and tying boots. Also duct tape. :)
Yes, boot lacing and tape are very helpful. After a couple caminoes and thousands of miles of wilderness backpacking that started back in the 60's, I think I pretty much know every preventative and treatment option in the blister world. This Pre-Heels thing was new to me. It's actually the opposite of skin softener, which is pretty much the last thing you would want. Rather, it provides a protective coating to reduce friction and hopefully minimize the sheer force which causes blisters. I just wondered if it works. The comments on the Amazon site were about 75% positive although I got the impression that it seemed to be most useful for women's high heels. With respect to general hiking and and gear matters, I'm always interested in "something new under the sun."

Jodean

Past OR future Camino
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
I just wear nylons with my socks. 3 Caminos - 0 Blisters.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
The comments on the Amazon site were about 75% positive although I got the impression that it seemed to be most useful for women's high heels.
I think that's because it is being marketed to women in high heels. As @jayree mentioned, the active ingredient seems to be dimethicone, the same ingredient in other anti-friction preparations which are marketed to runners, hikers, etc.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads