• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blogging from the Camino

JohnM

For those of you interested in maintaining a blog while you walk the Camino, over at On the way to Santiago, I've just started a series of posts on blogging from the road with some practical suggestions on how to make blogging your journey easier.

Anyone who has experiences of their own that they would like to share is more than welcome to contribute to the thread.
Hasta luego!
John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Blogging on the camino isn't always easy but there are a few gadgets that make it easier. This nifty little gadget that helps you download photographs is on sale for only $5.93

http://www.accstation.com/phubcrdrxx04.html

Attachments

• PHUBCRDRXX04_2_acc.jpg
    PHUBCRDRXX04_2_acc.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 859
I discovered these in the shops when I arrived back home......!!!!

I almost certainly will take one next time. The only thing I would like to be certain about, is whether you can pick up and transmit little gremlins along when you use them in a USB port, as so many of the computers in albergues etc seemed to be infested with spyware. (I never ever would have trusted my internet banking password to be safe on those computers....)
Margaret

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Margaret,

I had 2 programs on the USB drive when I walk my caminos.

1. Portable Firefox

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

It's a browser on a stick. Safer to use your own browser than the ones on the PC.

2. Neo’s SafeKeys

http://www.aplin.com.au/?page_id=246

This free utility allows one to click your password on they virtual keyboard instead of typing it, thereby spyware such as keyloggers will not be able to pick up your password. Highlight the password, then drag and drop to the password field of your blog or email.

Attachments

• neo.GIF
    neo.GIF
    11.4 KB · Views: 676
Two great ideas evanlow. I guess a worry I still is that I wouldn't want to put my photo SD memory card in this reader and find my photos had somehow become 'infested' with spyware.... but I don't know if this can happen or not.

Margaret,

If what you have on these little disk are photographs (like jpg), there are little risk of infection. Still, you might want to scan the disk for viruses and spyware when you are back home.

The biggest risk IMHO (In my humble opinion) these days is identity theft, hence the Neo's Safekeys program to click instead of typing your password.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm interested in updating a series of posts that appeared on my blog On the way to Santiago a few years ago with some new blogs dealing with different devices people have used and would recommend to others to blog on the go from the Camino.
The technology has moved on a bit since 2007, with iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys, Kindles and all sorts of devices available now that enable mobile blogging.
If you have some recent experience of blogging from the Camino with these or other gadgets and would like to contribute as a guest blogger, send me a private message through my profile on this board and I'll get back to you.
Thanks in advance for your interest.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back