• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blogging Via Francigena

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Time of past OR future Camino
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
I usually blog whenever I am walking. And I know many others on this forum do too. If you want to check out mine, it is at <www.readingtheroad.com> if you are happy to share your VF blog, I would be keen to read what you are writing and perhaps also cross post when appropriate?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Had a quick look at your blog and you mention a 1300km distance. Are you stopping part way?

The sign outside the Cathedral in Canterbury has a figure of 1800km for the VF which is 1300 miles. Hope I haven't added to your burden

Attachments

• IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
We are no
Had a quick look at your blog and you mention a 1300km distance. Are you stopping part way?

The sign outside the Cathedral in Canterbury has a figure of 1800km for the VF which is 1300 miles. Hope I haven't added to your burden
not planning to walk all the way to Canterbury on this trip- only through to St Bernard’s Pass or a bit beyond😊

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We walked on the VF in 2017 from near Milan to Siena. We kept a blog. Haven't opened it in a while and just saw that many of the photos aren't showing up but some do. Entries are in reverse chronological order. After we reached Siena we went back to Lucca and spent about a week there. That's why the first few pages are about our time in Lucca. You might want to skip over those to get to the walking parts.

(For some if you click where a photo is supposed to be, a larger version of the photo pops up.)

Looking forward to looking at your blog.

These days it's more like 2000+km, if you follow the signage. If you get the excellent Lightfoot guides they will give variant, often shorter, routes which follow the historic VF.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I usually blog whenever I am walking. And I know many others on this forum do too. If you want to check out mine, it is at <www.readingtheroad.com> if you are happy to share your VF blog, I would be keen to read what you are writing and perhaps also cross post when appropriate?
I just saw The Journey last night… where Andrea Bocelli rides the 200 miles horseback.. I didn’t even realize he was doing it when I booked them movie… I thought he was just “riding in the Italian countryside..and I’ll be in Italy before in do My Camino in October -then they saw a woman on the road and ask “Are you a Pilgrim?… and she shouted back ..Yes..I am a Pilgrim—incredible!

We walked the VF in 2021 and vlogged the trip at TogetherOnFoot.com if interested.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back