Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Blue Mountains Camino supporters Walk

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I’ll be staying at Glenella and attempting the 5 day walk from Penrith to Blackheath from 22 to 27 November. Sadly I know lots of our interstate friends had to cancel, but still hoping to meet up with some of you. My fitness is currently terrible but I’m making a valiant attempt to improve.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Charlie11

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016) SJPDP to SDC
Camino Frances (2018) SJPDP to SDC
Future CP 2019
I’ll be staying at Glenella and attempting the 5 day walk from Penrith to Blackheath from 22 to 27 November. Sadly I know lots of our interstate friends had to cancel, but still hoping to meet up with some of you. My fitness is currently terrible but I’m making a valiant attempt to improve.
Hi Kanga, hope you enjoy the walk, it’s a beautiful part of the world. Walking from Penrith to Blackheath I imagine you’ll be walking uphill most of the way. As my fitness is terrible too, I was wondering is the opposite direction Blackheath to Penrith just as popular?

dick bird

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Plata, Ingles, Madrid, Norte, Primitivo, Invierno, Aragones, Olvidado, Chemin D'Arles
We shan't be on the walk, but we'll be up there tonight for the gathering. Enjoy the walk. Hope to meet you soon.

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Hi Kanga, hope you enjoy the walk, it’s a beautiful part of the world. Walking from Penrith to Blackheath I imagine you’ll be walking uphill most of the way. As my fitness is terrible too, I was wondering is the opposite direction Blackheath to Penrith just as popular?
This walk is organised by the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group, with a specific date, and maps, but I don't see why you could not walk it in the other direction any time.

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
This walk is organised by the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group, with a specific date, and maps, but I don't see why you could not walk it in the other direction any time.
As @Kanga notes; you could walk in opposite direction if you wanted to find your way down .. but Margaret & Rowan have organised trips including maps and accommodation sorted in the direction which is uphill to Glenella (I believe ).
There is a thread (attached below ) which includes an interview about it with them.
Very inspiring

Macman

Past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Pamplona (2017)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Camino del Norte (2018)
Pamplona - Muxia (2019)
Buen Camino - I hope that the weather has been kind.

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Well today we have been swimming! Rowan has organised a 3 day walk across the western plains of Sydney before the 5 day climb up to Blackheath. The first day was cloudy but pretty much dry until the end but today was “a really interesting experience”. I have swamp feet, and very wet clothes! I’m a tagger-along, not totally committed and tomorrow (when more rain is forecast) sadly 😢 I have to take the car up to Glenella - not that I am welching out or anything…

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated