• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blue Mountains Camino supporters Walk

Kanga

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I’ll be staying at Glenella and attempting the 5 day walk from Penrith to Blackheath from 22 to 27 November. Sadly I know lots of our interstate friends had to cancel, but still hoping to meet up with some of you. My fitness is currently terrible but I’m making a valiant attempt to improve.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’ll be staying at Glenella and attempting the 5 day walk from Penrith to Blackheath from 22 to 27 November. Sadly I know lots of our interstate friends had to cancel, but still hoping to meet up with some of you. My fitness is currently terrible but I’m making a valiant attempt to improve.
Hi Kanga, hope you enjoy the walk, it’s a beautiful part of the world. Walking from Penrith to Blackheath I imagine you’ll be walking uphill most of the way. As my fitness is terrible too, I was wondering is the opposite direction Blackheath to Penrith just as popular?

We shan't be on the walk, but we'll be up there tonight for the gathering. Enjoy the walk. Hope to meet you soon.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Kanga, hope you enjoy the walk, it’s a beautiful part of the world. Walking from Penrith to Blackheath I imagine you’ll be walking uphill most of the way. As my fitness is terrible too, I was wondering is the opposite direction Blackheath to Penrith just as popular?
This walk is organised by the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group, with a specific date, and maps, but I don't see why you could not walk it in the other direction any time.

This walk is organised by the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group, with a specific date, and maps, but I don't see why you could not walk it in the other direction any time.
As @Kanga notes; you could walk in opposite direction if you wanted to find your way down .. but Margaret & Rowan have organised trips including maps and accommodation sorted in the direction which is uphill to Glenella (I believe ).
There is a thread (attached below ) which includes an interview about it with them.
Very inspiring

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Should be there as well. The zoom meeting on Wednesday was good, although not many participants. Looking forward to the walk.

I'm afraid I won't be attending the BM Camino after all. Some things I thought I could reschedule have interfered. Maybe next time.

Buen Camino - I hope that the weather has been kind.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well today we have been swimming! Rowan has organised a 3 day walk across the western plains of Sydney before the 5 day climb up to Blackheath. The first day was cloudy but pretty much dry until the end but today was “a really interesting experience”. I have swamp feet, and very wet clothes! I’m a tagger-along, not totally committed and tomorrow (when more rain is forecast) sadly 😢 I have to take the car up to Glenella - not that I am welching out or anything…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back