• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Blue vs Yellow

ggtree

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis June 2018
I began walking the Camino Portuguese from the very south east corner of Portugal about two weeks ago. When I got to Santarem I took the Camino Fatima branch West. What a lovely walk that was. Now, I’m heading north and northwest to Porto to continue to Santiago. Just a word of caution to those of you who may be thinking g of doing this route, you need GPS and Google Maps Pro or the equivalent. The trail is poorly marked. I am basically doing the Porto - Fatima Camino in reverse. At every fork in the trail I look backward to look for blue arrows. They mostly are blue spray paint circles but they are there. Just a warning, use your phone for direction. I’m loving the trail and highly recommend it.

Attachments

• 50A97839-7ACF-42AF-8FAE-1AAAF956477D.jpeg
    50A97839-7ACF-42AF-8FAE-1AAAF956477D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 56E99986-8067-4E21-A26E-D99E26355D1C.jpeg
    56E99986-8067-4E21-A26E-D99E26355D1C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for posting this @ggtree. I had hoped to walk this very trail last year and still hope to as soon as we are allowed out of Australia. (2022 hopefully!) I had noticed in the various online sources and in the guidebook that I bought (Wise Pilgrim),that the Fatima variant is barely mentioned in terms of directions and albergues. I think getting to Fatima was going to be okay but thereafter it would be a challenge until I rejoined the Camino

As long as you know where you are going and have a good GPS on your phone, you can pretty easily find your way. I have not been relying on the blue / yellow arrows at all but, when I see I one, I smile.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back