• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boat from Vilanova de Arousa to Padron

Roadboy

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2014 - 2016)
Camino Portuguese Coastal (2017 and 2018)
Via Francigena (2019)
Anyone have information on boats from Vilanova, along the river to Padron? I will be finishing the Coastal route in May 2018, and am keen to use this option, if possible.
Thanks
Roadboy

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Roadboy, the boat schedules are dependent upon the tides. The albuergue in Vilanova can advise of the timing and sell you a ticket the day before you intend to take the journey. Seats are limited.
In August 2017, the boat left around 7:00 am. It was still dark and quite chilly on the water. And it was one of the high points on our Camino. I loved the Spiritual Variante and strongly recommend it for anyone walking the Portuguese Way. I am even considering doing that section again by itself.
We did not stay at the Albuergue in Vilanova. We connected with Alfonso and Debee through a book I found by Roy Uprichard, "Stone and Water: Walking the Spiritual Variant of the Camino Portugues"
It was the best part of our entire Camino.
Bon Caminho

AdaR, many thanks for the information - I have also downloaded Roy's book, which I've already started.
Thanks again! Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I agree with all of the above. The Camino de Agua y Piedras, and the boat ride, seeing all the ancient, moss-covered crosses erected to St. James appearing out of the morning fog, were absolute highlights. And the boat info is just there in the albergue, no problem.

Your post have to be posted in another subforum
If you go back to main forum Camino Portuguęs you see the first subform Variante Espiritual. There it is better to post your question and there you will find all your answers.

I agree with all of the above. The Camino de Agua y Piedras, and the boat ride, seeing all the ancient, moss-covered crosses erected to St. James appearing out of the morning fog, were absolute highlights. And the boat info is just there in the albergue, no problem.
Thanks KariC, I will definitely take this route in May.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Your post have to be posted in another subforum
If you go back to main forum Camino Portuguęs you see the first subform Variante Espiritual. There it is better to post your question and there you will find all your answers.
Thanks, Albertinho, I have moved to the Variant Espiritual and can see the information I need.

How many hours is the ferry ride? My plan is to conti Just walking after arriving in Paxton that day

Padrón. I recall the boat arriving late morning, but it depends on departure time, which depends on a lot of human and nature factors.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How many hours is the ferry ride? My plan is to conti Just walking after arriving in Paxton that day

Between one and two hours, depending on the weather, the time of day, the type of boat (small or large), and whether the captain wants to stop and chat at every mussel platform and viewpoint, or if he is in a desperate hurry as he doesn't want to miss his lunch in Pontecesures 😂😂.

I would have said roughly 3 hours, going from memory. I understand larger boats are going these days (as opposed to the approx 15 passenger raft-like boat I was on in 2016) so those may be faster.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back