A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Bocadillo bread recipe

daesdaemar

Camino-holic
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles - twice
So we've all fallen in love with the bocadillos along the Camino. Anyone have a good recipe for baking the bread. I've tried without much success.

M

Mark Lee

Don't know the recipe, but I found the bread used to make the bocadillos to be very similar to the French bread we have here in New Orleans.

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
So we've all fallen in love with the bocadillos along the Camino. Anyone have a good recipe for baking the bread. I've tried without much success.
Depending on what part of California you are at, you can buy baguettes at Vietnamese bakeries and sandwich shops, they are baked fresh every day.

karenfromcali

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances March/April 2014, Camino Frances Feb/March 2015. Camino Frances Feb/March 2016.
Lived on bocadillos when I was on the camino! Yummy, but also the only food item I knew how to ask for in Spanish!

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
The type bread for bocadillos changes from region to region so the best thing to do is Google Spanish bread, Galician bread or other regional breads.

daesdaemar

Camino-holic
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles - twice
Yes, I have used French and Vietnamese baguettes/buns as substitutes. They're OK, but not the same.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 245 25.0%