• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Body found on Finisterre beach

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A local TV website has reported that two pilgrims have found the body of a man on a beach near Finisterre. The man is believed to have been a pilgrim and to have been dead for several days.
Oh dear... 😔 how sad.
Also spare a thought for those who made the awful discovery... 😢
👣 🌏

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I find it rather odd that if a rucksack was found near the man that there was nothing to identify him inside, such as a credential with his name on it and possibly a passport.
However, there was a recent thread with a link to an article about pilgrims settling in Finesterre and some wandering the area indefinately. Possibly he was one such fellow...just a thought.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I find it rather odd that if a rucksack was found near the man that there was nothing to identify him inside, such as a credential with his name on it and possibly a passport.

The credential would have been washed out by the water ...
BC SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I presume he‘s made it to his desired final destination successfully. With so many family and friends’s passing during this past decade, there are far worse circumstances and locations to meet your end. RIP

This is such sad news. I had originally thought this was the beach that has claimed the lives of several peregrinos, the Playa de Fora, which is very close to Finisterre. But this is a different beach, Playa Arnela, about 5 km north and on the coast. The article says this is on the Camino dos Faros (the Lighthouse camino) which goes all along the coast from Malpica to Finisterre. The tidal surges on these beaches are apparently totally unpredictable, and I hope that pilgrims will be careful before they take a celebratory plunge. Of course, we do not know what caused this man‘s death, and I am not pointing fingers, just sounding the alarm for others.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This is such sad news. I had originally thought this was the beach that has claimed the lives of several peregrinos, the Playa de Fora, which is very close to Finisterre. But this is a different beach, Playa Arnela, about 5 km north and on the coast. The article says this is on the Camino dos Faros (the Lighthouse camino) which goes all along the coast from Malpica to Finisterre. The tidal surges on these beaches are apparently totally unpredictable, and I hope that pilgrims will be careful before they take a celebratory plunge. Of course, we do not know what caused this man‘s death, and I am not pointing fingers, just sounding the alarm for others.

As his backpack was found close to him, there is sadly also a chance that he slipped and fell of into the water. The Camino de los Faros is not for the faint-hearted as friends who have walked it told me.
BC SY

A local TV website has reported that two pilgrims have found the body of a man on a beach near Finisterre. The man is believed to have been a pilgrim and to have been dead for several days.
rest in peace friend. Buen Camino 😪

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes this is so sad. My thoughts to the family. No papers? Ziplock bags probably not a priority here.
Too many times we see an early end to lives that we think have much more to live.... but the maybe the end is such a relief ...and a peaceful choice. Rip .

So sad for his family, but if it were me I would be thinking "what a way to go".... at the end of a wonderful and meaningful walk.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd imagine the water is rather choppy and hiemal at this time. RIP

As his backpack was found close to him, there is sadly also a chance that he slipped and fell of into the water. The Camino de los Faros is not for the faint-hearted as friends who have walked it told me.
BC SY
Just as a matter of interest, what have your friends who walked the Camino de Faros said? I was interested in doing it myself, but any info would be greatly received.

Just as a matter of interest, what have your friends who walked the Camino de Faros said? I was interested in doing it myself, but any info would be greatly received.

You might ask this question in a new thread (or the mods could cut your post out of this one and start it for you) but in short: They showed me photos that showed that parts of this route is not one for the vertigo-challenged like me.
BC SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
parts of this route is not one for the vertigo-challenged

And the weather has been very hazardously windy here in Europe these last days (storm Ciara). Sounds like a horrible accident. Hope he can be identified soon.

You might ask this question in a new thread (or the mods could cut your post out of this one and start it for you) but in short: They showed me photos that showed that parts of this route is not one for the vertigo-challenged like me.
BC SY
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. And thank you SY

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back