• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bolsena

sharon w

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
As our time is flexible, should we have 2 nights in Bolsena instead of just one?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It was quiet and pretty but nothing special as compared to other more known lakes. Okay to spend an extra day to relax but not to explore.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think it might be good for a rest day but having walked through it twice I wouldn't mark it in my diary for an extended stay.
My first was walking from Lucca and only had picnic. Second time I slept but felt no need to extend stay.
However it is a nice town. Also there is a big supermarket about 1km beyond town on Via F where you could buy provisions and walk back into town if your budget doesn't allow dining out.
Depending on your route downhill into town you may find the smaller supermarket on your right when you reach lowest level.

Thanks for the information. I think we will just have one night there.

It was quiet and pretty but nothing special as compared to other more known lakes. Okay to spend an extra day to relax but not to explore.

Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is a great church there that should not be missed. I wish we stayed one extra day. Agriturismo le Vigne was wonderful.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a great church there that should not be missed. I wish we stayed one extra day. Agriturismo le Vigne was wonderful.

Thanks. Will have to have a second think about it.

Bolsena is pretty, and in good weather it might be fun to stay. I think Viterbo, and even Sutri have more sights to see if that’s your interest. I found I wanted to spend a few hours in many places, which entailed taking some short bus rides to shorten a couple stages after spending a morning in Viterbo, Bolsena and Sutri.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.