• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boo hoo! My Camino is over

Well, part 1 anyway. I spent the night in Viana, at the main albergue with the triple tier bunks :shock: , but fortunately I got a lower berth. Viana is very nice, but the restaurants don´t start serving until 9 & curfew for the albergue is 10, so if you want a decent meal, stay at a private place.

The walk to Logrono was nice & very quick. The walking has been much easier now that we aren´t battling mud & muck for 8+ hours a day. We covered 10 kms rather quickly, even accounting for the 30+ minute stop at Felisa´s!!! As we were walking on the senda, a man drove up & told us that she was open, so for some reason, our feet started moving much more quickly than before. The coffee & bread were nice, the company nicer, & now I have the famous "Higos, Agua, y Amor" stamp in my passport. :D

We stayed at a private pension, right next to Cafe Moderne. You can´t miss the building as the red wood facade is decorated with Stars of David. Villar Huespedes (Camas) is the sign & it´s on the 3rd floor (4th to Americans), but it was clean, quiet, & 15 Euro per person.

We took the bus today from Logrono, & covered a weeks´worth of walking in less than an hour. :shock: :shock: Saw several pilgrims along the way too, so while we´re leaving, more are coming to take our place. I am headed back to Pamplona tomorrow for a couple of days, since I was so tired when I got there I didn´t get to see anything. Nico are you still there? :D

Buen Camino, y´all & I´ll update my blog when I get home.
dg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Ah, the Cafe Moderne! Great food, great crowd. I had dinner there last year with 5 other strangers I met only that day, two of whom were unfortunate: one was bitten by a dog in SJPP, the other fell of his bunk the night before and broke his arm (and had to go home prematurely). Despite those stories, it was an interesting night. A brass band was playing outside and for the first time on the camino I went home tipsy, very unpilgrim-like.

Mark

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back