• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Book recommendation Lisbon to Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 - Frances & Portugues
July 2022 - Norte
Can anyone recommend a book available in Kindle form that tells about the towns and sights along the Camino Portuguese? (I am cycling the Portuguese Coastal Route right now).

I already have a paper copy of Brierley’s map book and Wise Pilgrim’s “The Camino Portuguese” app, which is saving me from getting lost as I cycle the route “backwards” from Santiago. Even without internet service or wifi, the Wise Pilgrim app shows me as a moving blue dot on my iphone. It is only necessary to keep it charged and mounted on my left handlebar where I can see it. 👌

I just finished walking the Camino Frances for which “Moon Camino Santiago” fulfilled this purpose well. But there’s not a Moon book for the Portuguese.

Recommendations?
TIA,

Suzanne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Starting from Lisbon I used the combination of the Wise Pilgrim App which was absolutely invaluable and the book by Harms et al 'Camino Portuguese' which I had downloaded into the Kindle App on my iPhone. The book gave me all the information that I needed about the route, accomodation and some information about historic points of interest along the way. Its a Camino guide and not a tourist guide and there may be books that give more tourist information but it worked well for me.

Gracias, looks like the better of the 2 available Kindle books. And absolutely agree about the Wise Pilgrim app without whose blue dot I would be lost every day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Take gronze.com to find the route and accomodation. It's understandable without spanish skills, but the full value you get from the countless spanish comments about the places where you can stay. The Chrome browser translates automatically at least to an understandable level.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back