• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked accommodation in espinal for day 2 of camino

Tamargrace

Time of past OR future Camino
None yet
Is that a bit adventurous??? I am going to practiase on a few local trecks and mountains first.... we will be ok walking for 10 hours 12 with breaks...

I am also going to get some luggage transfer just so Im not too sluggish.....

Thoughts please xxx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi! I am not sure I understand....You want to walk to Espinal from StJean P de Port in one go?
I have done it from Orisson but then it depends very much on your level of fitness.... Only YOU know what you can do.... :)

I see you say day 2 , so you are stopping overnight between sjpdp and espinal ? IF so very do able ,,

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It will definitely be a tough day! Last year my friend and I walked from Orisson to Espinal, and after walking into a headwind that almost knocked us over the entire way up the mountain we were exhausted by the time we arrived at Espinal.

Sorry I wrote that in a hurry and really dud not word it very well...

Yes i want to go from st jpdp to espinal in one go... .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are traveling light and in decent physical condition and have reservations? Sure, why not. As long as you get an early start from Saint Jean.
A few years ago I walked from Saint Jean to Burguete and stayed the night there as I had made reservations. Espinal is only about another 3.5 km's from there, and no more uphill walking.
I remember getting to Roncesvalles at about mid afternoon, stopping, getting something to eat and a very nice cold glass of beer, and then walking on to Burguete, which is a flat 3 km's. I was in Burguete in no time at all. It was quite nice.

f you are traveling light and in decent physical condition and have reservations?

Im hoping to get baggage transfer as for physical state... i walk ALOT but I do carry a stubborn few extra pounds that seem to follow me where ever i go I am sure they will join me on my camino too

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Im hoping to get baggage transfer as for physical state... i walk ALOT but I do carry a stubborn few extra pounds that seem to follow me where ever i go I am sure they will join me on my camino too
When I walked to Burguete it was early June and the weather was beautiful and the days fairly long. No need to travel heavy in June-July Camino. Long days, warmer weather and when I did it, only two days of light rain the entire way to Santiago and Finisterre.
Pack light.

You are used to walking and will not be carrying a bagpack... Why not? If that's what you want to do....

To any other newbies reading this, I don't really recommend it if it is your first day of walking....If anything, the weather may be against you... Even in the Summer. My advice, for what it is worth, is take it easy the first few days.... UNLESS you know what you are capable of, of course. We can't tell. :)

Buen camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back