• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked in faith

basquelady

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2013), CF Pamplona to V del Bierzo (2014), Baztanés, then CF (2016), CF Sahagun to SDC (2017)
We've booked our crossing as foot passengers from Portsmouth to Santander on Aug 16th 2016; I am now 8 weeks post-op from a lumbar spinal fusion (L4/5) plus pedicle screws. I am grateful to be totally free of the crippling sciatica which started just one month after our last Camino in 2014. I've walked only 3 miles or so in one go so far, so have a long way to go with my rehab! We plan on taking the bus from Santander to Pamplona and will then take the local bus back to Zabaldika, which has such a lovely albergue. So our walking will start from there. These plans are keeping me going through the difficult patches of aches and exhaustion. I will be 68 and my husband 77, so we expect to walk short days again at a slow pace.
I'm sure there are others out there who have had similar surgery and then walked on the Camino? Any encouraging stories welcome!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi basquelady, I do know of one person who had this same surgery and like you, could not express enough, her relief from the pain. She is not walking the Camino, but only to say she feels like a totally new person. I admire your courage and determination and wish you both a rewarding journey. I have my 80th birthday this year (hopefully in Santiago) so had trepidations about taking on the Pyrenees, then thought "I'll just put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best". I'm on my own, so I don't have to worry about slowing anyone down. Once through that section, I really look forward to the company of other pilgrims. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi basquelady, I do know of one person who had this same surgery and like you, could not express enough, her relief from the pain. She is not walking the Camino, but only to say she feels like a totally new person. I admire your courage and determination and wish you both a rewarding journey. I have my 80th birthday this year (hopefully in Santiago) so had trepidations about taking on the Pyrenees, then thought "I'll just put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best". I'm on my own, so I don't have to worry about slowing anyone down. Once through that section, I really look forward to the company of other pilgrims. Buen Camino.
Hi Maggie, you can be very proud about yourself for doing a walk like the Camino Frances. I am very proud, I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back